*✿ 003

Nighttime,In a penthouse

Nighttime,
In a penthouse...

(Y/n)'s POV

I was sitting on the couch, watching television as I munched on (favourite junk food). But I was not exactly focusing on the show. In fact, I had been spacing out for who knew how long, my mind wandering somewhere else in the universe.

I keep questioning why Draken lied to me.

I'm glad he wasn't aware I figured out his lie. Tora-chan already knew I could easily detect people's lies, yet he didn't take any action to stop Draken.

Dear goodness, what actually happened in the past 14 years I was absent from their life?

Both Keisu-kin and Emma-chan passed away at such young age... Exactly two years after I was in coma.

"I don't know how Mikey is actually doing right now. I'm sorry, (Y/n). Even if you ask me, I can't answer your question. None of us can..."

Tora-chan's words replayed in my mind repeatedly. This made me wonder if a terrible occurrence had befallen Manjiro.

Ringing from my smartphone caused my body to jump a little due to the unexpected noise. I hastily picked it up and turned on the phone. I had a long way to go to get accustomed in using this technology.

I missed my flip phone. It is good that the technology is evolving, but seriously, this thing is a pain sometime!

Gosh, it feels like I'm travelling to the future..

Tapping a green icon, I brought the phone closer to my ear. "Hello, (Y/n) speaking."

"Ah, (Y/n). Are you already
home?"

"Oh, Onee-chan. Yeah,
I'm watching TV right now."

"I see. It is nice to be home.
But I can't return yet."

"Busy with work?"

"Yes. What else can be
the obstacle if not my work."

"Oneechan is capable,
hardworking and diligent.
I know you can finish
your work."

"Thank you. I need that.
Well then, I have to
go now. Don't sleep too late!"

"Okay, okay. Good luck
with your work. See
you at home."

"See you at home too."

Onee-chan hung up the call once we reached the end of the conversation. I put down my phone on the coffee table, sighing softly. She was always persevere when it came to her profession.