*✿ 050

Back to (Y/n)

Back to (Y/n)...

(Y/n)'s POV

I was left with no more options but to leave Takemichi in his house. I did text his fiancee and informed her of his condition. Hopefully, she could help him and rush him to hospital.

I got my own problems to deal with.

"Thank you! Here is the payment." I hurriedly handed over the fee for the cab ride to the driver. He drove out of the neighbourhood as soon as I got out of the car.

I bolted my way into the elevator , pressing the number of the level where I lived- the very top floor of the building. I patiently waited for the elevator to reach my floor. I kept glancing at my watch anxiously.

Every second is precious right now and I can't waste time unwisely.

Just even a minute late...and it will be over for me or anyone involved in this mess.

God...how could it turn out this way?

..it was really my fault, wasn't it?

I was the most emotionally and mentally stable one yet I didn't control myself. In the end, Manjiro snapped and resorted to violence with me.

All because of me..

Upon reaching, I hurried to the door of the house and unlocked it open. I slammed it open out of extreme worry.

"Nee-chan?!" I screamed, hoping for Sumire to answer. Thankfully, she appeared in the living room, looking quite puzzled. "(Y/n), no need to yell. I already heard the door open-"

I ran toward my sister and surged forward to hug her. Thanks goodness she was still alive! I made it in time to save her. To save both of us.

"(Y/n), what's wrong? Are you okay?"

I could not answer that yet. I didn't know how to explain this situation to Sumire...

Sumire suddenly pulled me away from her body. Her hands firmly gripped my shoulders. She gestured me to lift up my head by pinching my chin between her fingers.

She looked horrified upon noticing my bandaged face.

"Oh my God, what happened to you?! Who hurt you?!"

"N-Neechan, I..."

"(Y/n), be honest with me. Who in the fucking world put their hand on you?!"

I was shocked by her cursing profanities. Sumire wasn't the type to cus bad words frequently.

"...was it Mikey?"

At the moment that name rolled off her tongue, I froze on my spot. My lips were quivering as I chewed my bottom lip.

"(Y/n), Mikey hurt you, didn't he?"

Remembering that moment Manjiro slapped me brutally, my body started shaking uncontrollably. I thought I could overcome and move on from it. I was too foolish to believe that.