*✿ 021

(Y/n)'s penthouse,Nighttime

(Y/n)'s penthouse,
Nighttime...

Second Person's POV

You entered the house and turned around to shut the door close. The house was dark since no one was home so you switched on the light. However, the moment the light illuminated the penthouse, your heart dropped.

A figure was standing before you, staring straight into your soul.

Sumire.

"Sumire...neechan? You are home? I thought you would not be back before 10..." You exclaimed in pure astonishment. Sumire didn't look really happy. Arms crossed under her chest, finger tapping her arm repeatedly.

"Well, my client had to cancel the dinner at last minutes due to personal affair. I returned home, expecting to see you greeting me like usual...only to find the house dark and empty." Her voice was dripping with unpleasantness.

"Your shift ended a while ago. Where did you go at this time of night?" Sumire asked. She looked very stern. She was probably angered by your sudden absence in the house when you were supposed to be home at that time.

"I, um... I didn't want to eat dinner alone so I had dinner at a friend's place." You told half of the truth. You could never mention "boyfriend" in front of Sumire who was already in bad mood. She would flip out for sure.

"Friend.. Nice try. Judging from your conversation with him earlier, I'm pretty sure he is more than a friend." Sumire knitted her eyebrows in distaste. She was dismayed that you chose to bluff her.

Shit.

You were exposed right on the spot. You were petrified with nervousness, sweat rolling down the side of your face. Sumire shook her head, feeling disappointed.

"Who is that guy, (Y/n)? You just woke up more than three months ago and you are already seeing someone behind my back?" Sumire angrily remarked. She didn't like the thoughts of you dating someone.

"He was a childhood friend! I have known him for a long time." You defended yourself.

"Really? Which one , then? The one who works at the pet shop, hmm? From what I remember, his name is Kazutora." Sumire tilted her head. She was obviously testing you.

Knowing it was futile to lie, you shook your head. "No, not Tora-chan... Someone else."

"Who is it? One of the boys with dragon tattoo? Or is it that rich boy?" The redhead continued naming each of your childhood friend. You denied all of them by shaking your head.

"If he is truly your childhood friend then I surely recognize him. Tell the truth, please. What's his name, (Y/n)?" Sumire interrogated again. She wouldn't stop until she figures out the identity of your lover.

"He..." You hesitated to answer honestly. Manjiro was currently known as "Mikey", the leader of a notorious criminal organization. Public might not know his real name and only his code name- "Mikey". So there was a possibility Sumire wouldn't discover his real identity right away.