32. Day One of Growing

Elliot's eyes are light brown

The colour of sunshine passing through amber honey.

It's not just the colour that makes Elliot's eyes special. It's also the life in them; the brightness they hold, regardless of the hour of day or the number of hours that he has been awake.

There is a shimmer in his eyes that seems impossible to reproduce from outside him. The brilliance of Elliot's eyes came from deep within him, resonating the goodness and wonders of the inside to the outside.

Elliot's smile is contagious; its beguiling when he smiles, his eyes light up even more.

When Elliot smiles, he smiles with his entire being. The warmth of which radiates out into the world and all you want to do is smile back at him.

When Elliot smiles, his dimples show and his eyes crinkle in the corners, and it's so obvious that it's genuine.

Elliot's voice is deep calm, lilting and comforting.

The sort of voice that would voice a dreamy Disney Prince or a good audiobook. He's so easily able to put you at peace with his gentle, even tone and a probably gives him a real advantage as a doctor.

I have seen, heard and felt all these things from the day that I met him. Learning more about him over the past month possibly only amplified everything that I've thought about him.

So many things about Elliot puts me at ease, but there are times when he's staring right at me with his bright eyes, wearing his beguiling smile and speaking to me in his lilting tone that gets my heart racing.

Right now, is definitely one of those times.

I'm sure I've almost, almost lost my ability to speak.

There's a part of me that thinks that I misheard him.

In his eyes, I try to fathom the truth, an explanation, a confirmation that I heard him correctly.

All I see is him, candid as ever, looking back at me searching for an answer in my expression.

How can I answer you, Elliot when I'm in disbelief about your question?

The more he stares at me, the more my heart flutters.

The more my heart flutters, the more nervous I get.

My nervousness bubbles over eventually and I let out a nervous laugh.

Trying to calm myself, I breathe out rather shakily.

Elliot's mouth curves into a small lopsided smile. I'm still unable to do anything other than breathe.

"Aura," Elliot whispers in my ear in that deep voice of his.

I inhale audibly.

"I didn't mean to make you nervous."

I audibly exhale the breath I inhaled. The smile in his eyes is now joined by a mischievous glint.

Through some form of divine intervention, I manage to find enough breath to exhale, "Elliot."

His smile widens at my mention of his name.

"What are you doing?" is the completely eloquent sentence that escapes me next.

Elliot's captivating eyes travel down my face from my eyes and back up again.

"I think Jenna would call it a horse drinking water," he says thoughtfully.

My brain is slightly hazy, but the moment the reference clicks, I laugh.

It's Elliot saying 'Aura' again that makes me stop.

He's staring at me, not much of a smile on his face anymore. "I should have told you this much earlier, but I was a bit too overwhelmed to, but you look beautiful. It's even what I wanted to tell you earlier when I told you that you look nice. Nice doesn't even begin to cover it."

His words settle in around me and I'm dumbfounded.

Seven months ago, when I stepped off the elevator to see Elliot standing there, asking me to dinner, I never thought I'd be standing here, dancing with him as he asked me for dinner again.

"I think I'm the one who's overwhelmed now," I tell him.

Hearing this, Elliot smiles. "Not too overwhelmed to answer my question, I hope."

The smile creeps up on me before I can stop it. "You didn't ask a question."

Elliot's eyes narrow for a moment and then he gives me a lopsided grin that tells me something like I'm going to regret that. "Aurora," Elliot says in a low, deep rumble, close to my ear, making me wish he wasn't holding my hand and wouldn't be able to take my pulse. "I would like to buy you to dinner. One of very many. Would you please do me the honour of allowing that?"

A shock of thrill races through me.

I've never really been asked out in person and this feels so intimate.

Every moment over the past month, where Elliot has smiled at me exactly like this, replays in my mind, the mind that hasn't been able to shake the hold that Elliot Kingsley has over it.

Exhaling again, I look up at him and smile, "Yes."

They're back!

They're back!

Do we finally get what we've been waiting for?

Stay tuned!

MAJOR NEWS!

The official first chapter sneak peak of 'The Billionaire's Driver' drops TODAY!!!

Keep an eye on my profile, follow me or keep up with the updated to know when it does!

Much love!