Chapter 4

When life becomes hard, all you can do is try at every attempt to fix it

When each and every single possibility turns out to be more disastrous than the other, it's hard believing there is hope. And when that hope shatters too, there is nothing you can do.

No power in the universe could stop from fate snatching away your last chance at being happy.

And that's how you lose the battle for humanity.

There is no hope for happiness where happiness itself walked away.

What is left behind is a yearning soul for some light in the darkened world. What I believe the reason for not having any genuine happiness is because it has been snatched away from your grasp, because if you could fight for it till the end, you would have gotten it someway.

Not when it's taken out of your hands.

"We have a problem."

My eyes lift from my phone towards where Alessio is standing with threat written all over his face. His buzz cut is still fresh from the other day. We don't look alike much, with his black hair while mine is a darkly chestnut blonde colour. He has neatly trimmed hair while I have shoulder length. At the moment, it's tied back at the base of my neck.

His eyes are that one feature that ties us. His deep black coloured eyes match my very own.

Our eyes are what you call the darkest pits of hell, you see disaster, you see destruction, you see darkness, you see everything you don't want in your life yet it's filled completely to the brim in us.

"What are you waiting for then?" I ask him before looking back down at my phone where I am texting one of my close friends. The only one that I keep in contact with him even though he is out covering his job in Toronto. Our job.

"There has been a pause put on our latest shipment that came from Washington. Abduction. Unconscious guards. Threat of the drugs being stolen. Someone with gun waiting for you at the place. Need anything more or do you want to continue doing whatever the fuck you were doing?" the glare is as clear as day on his face.

"Fuck," he mutters under his breath once more.

With a sigh, I lock my phone before pocketing it and getting up from my bed and walking towards the door where he is standing.

"You don't need my assistance with everything. So, stop standing here and actually fix it." I pause, watching his reaction. The glare doesn't drop but his eyes speak more than his words.

"I am busy with work. I have somewhere to be. There are things for me to do. You can't be dependent on me." With that, I walk past him outside. He can handle things on his own anyway.

Life isn't easy. And it will never be. Which is why I like working calmly in this chaotic world. I get angry, but it's not the way you would think. It's not words that speak my anger, it's my actions that turn deadly within the blink of an eye. I don't need to go places where I will get angry from people who can't do their things properly.