Chapter 19

Song listed above: Dandelions by Ruth B. Tiktok audio edit  (also could be found on Spotify playlist)

We both quietly watch as two figures walk out of the elevators and they are both arguing

Camden's face is red with anger, a vein popping on his forehead and his wife, a beautiful blonde woman that reminds of Sasha's mother but she looks slightly younger and to be honest, she looks like a kind woman who would put a genuine smile on your face when you would meet her at first.

My heart thumps in my chest, Arius's prediction swirling around in my head.

He's going to kill her.

He will kill her. Today. At this time.

And I will be watching it.

I look over at Arius to see a calm yet focused expression on his face. I don't know what to think of it. Why would he make me watch a murder like this? Why would he not do anything about it when he could prevent it?

I thought he only did his job if they deserved it and there was a strong reason behind it?

Then why was he letting Camden do this? Why?

I know I would if my hands weren't tied down. I really want to believe that Arius isn't how I expect him to be, I don't want him to be that person who blindly followed commands by his boss and not think twice before taking an innocent person's life.

"Arius," my chocked-out voice calls him out.

The emotions clogging up my throat are calling out my name. Telling me to do something but then again, do I really want to jeopardise our safety for this woman's life of who I don't know anything about?

"She equally participated in helping him with those contracts on the trafficking," Arius suddenly tells me while still watching the couple arguing and it getting more and more heated as each second goes by.

A big breath leaves past my lips making me close my eyes for a few seconds.

"She is just as guilty as him," he keeps going but when I look over at him once more, I see him already have his eyes on me.

"Don't feel guilty, everything will be taken care of," he assures me and I'm not sure if I hear the last word correctly or it's my mind playing tricks but he did say 'soon'.

I nod.

That's when I look forward again and Camden get in her face before slapping her making me hold in a gasp.

She shoves him, his wife shoves him some more but nothing gets too far before Camden takes out a gun from where it was tucked behind him before shotting at her right in between her eyes. The pop was loud enough to be heard outside of the building.

"Fuck," I mutter trying to control myself.

"Let's go now," Arius tells me before he pulls us both all the way up towards the rooftop again.