Chapter 29

Song listed above: Prisoner by Raphael Lake, Gangsta by Kehlani,
You Broke Me First by Tate McRae.
(Spotify playlist available through link in bio)

"Who the fuck are you?"

"Do you know what you just confessed?" I take a step closer to dad, or in other others words, Matteo and watch his eyes lull to the back of his head.

He clearly can't keep them open for longer.

"Do. You. Know. What. You just. Said?" I grit out because it hurts.

There is anger you feel when you are annoyed at something. Then, there is the anger you feel when you can't contain the emotion that overtakes you. The emotion that doesn't want to leave you because it is thirsty for revenge, the emotion so strong that you can't ignore and the emotion so powerful it makes you blind to what is right and wrong.

That is where lines begin to blur.

"Gun." I hold my hand out as I numbly stand above Matteo with my eyes wanting to see blood. There is no answer to any of my questions, he can't answer them but I will find out.

"Arius. Gun." I look up when he doesn't respond only to see his eyes watching me with secrets hidden in the dark shadows of his black eyes. The way they are watching me, the glint of fire that matches mine.

His eyes are keeping this moment in them. They are making sure to tell me that he isn't going to stop me. Those dark eyes speak so much and hide so much yet still each time they look at me, it lights up my hope. He creates that hope for me that he will be the one protecting me. He will be the one.

He can see what I am right here, right now in this very moment because while I couldn't tell him, I can show him.

He slowly lifts the hand that has a gun, placing it in my hand.

I don't need Arius questioning me.

He doesn't see the loss I see. He doesn't see what just happened to me today. The killer of my family is at my feet right now. The thirst for revenge has never been this strong. I'm not thirsty, I'm fucking starving. I have been starving to kill him and find him yet he fell right here.

I know Arius trusts me but I need this too. How could one fall prey to something like this and be so fucking clueless?

I curl my fingers around the cool metal of the gun before raising it in front of my eyes. The familiar feel of the gun in my hand makes me smile. A cold smile that holds no happiness, just familiarity.

It's a secret that I have kept with me and now this secret will be the very reason I am going to be adding another number in my head.

Three is going to turn into four soon.

"Fiona," I look to the side and see Arius with both his hands in his trouser pockets. A growing smirk on his face as he watches me admire the weapon that has given me so much power.