Chapter 15

Song listed above: Heaven by Julia Michaels
Only to be played at a specific part, you'll know when to put it on ;)

Song listed above: Heaven by Julia Michaels Only to be played at a specific part, you'll know when to put it on ;)

We ordered food and Sasha was forced to have small bites by her mother.

We ate. In utter silence. For good ten minutes.

"Riko, you need to let me know when I can come back," I tell him and he smiles at me from where he is standing near our table.

He nods at me with a smile. A friendly smile if you ask me but when Arius's hand lands on my shoulder, I stop mid-bite and when my eyes look up and catch Sasha's, she winks at me. 

But that wink does nothing to calm me down when my heart is going one thousand miles per hour. Why does he have to do this when I don't want to keep feeling like this? I don't want it yet Arius is making it hard to even think.

"Arius no," I tell him but he doesn't even move.

"Mrs Alvarez, how do you like the food?" I take another sip of the blue drink I ordered that I forgot to the name of instantly. 

Mrs Alvarez chews slowly before dabbing her lips with a napkin and smiling tightly at me. 

"It's good, although our usual place was better, don't you think Sasha?" She looks over her daughter that has nothing but hatred for her in her heart. Mrs Alvarez burned that place up herself when she almost sold her daughter but every single decision till this day has been nothing but in her own favour and not her daughter. She did that to Sasha/

"Yeah," Sasha nods but her eyes avert to the side where the sea view is and not once looking at her mother.

"Mr Arius, I loved seeing that my Fiona is happy with you, I think it's time Sasha gets settled down too," Mrs Alvarez smiles at Arius while giving out compliments to him all throughout the whole dinner.

"Mom, don't, you said you'll give me one more year," Sasha tells her with a glare set on her face knowing this is a battle she could never win yet is asking more and more time which proves to be the only way she could avoid her fate.

I hate what her family is doing to her. 

Keeping her trapped until it's time to show her off. Like a precious doll that you only put on display for others to see, never really learning its true value until its broken or gone. You don't notice its presence until it's time to show the world that you own it. 

Sasha is that doll. She is that woman they doll up and show her off but never truly realising that they could lose their only daughter. 

You can't really do anything when you are born in a family like that.

"Sasha, look at Fiona, she looks happy. You will be like that too, I only want what's best for you," I didn't realise that I am holding my glass too tight in my hand until the arm that is around my shoulders creeps closer to my hand and takes the glass out of it.