Chapter 10

Song listed at the top: In The Middle Of The Night by Elley Duhe

"We are going tonight." 

"Have got everything in place? Nothing wrong?" After making sure that he understands that nothing is going to go wrong because it never has, I hang up on my phone and turn to see Fabian, Hazera and Laina walk out from their car, a Mercedes, which Hazera loves to mention every time they come in it. It's her car that's why. 

Hazera is smiling like always, a bright red scarf on her head, and in a red suit that she looks quite good in. Hazera is like a sister to me. Laina in her silk purple floor-length dress, the older annoying one, and Fabian in his black tux, the quiet brother. 

They all mean too much to me but despite my lack of showing affection here in this place, they know not to take my moodiness seriously. 

Once we are out of this city, this state, I am a different person. 

I have to keep this dumb act on. 

Which could explain why I was acting so weirdly possessive the other day at Fiona when was demanding answers to everything. Not to forget the way to the kitchen but clearly knowing where it was because she was eating in it earlier when Fabian made her food.

While trying to keep everything in check, these guys here make everything easier for me. 

I hate everyone here and being so moody only comes off as an instinctive response to everyone around me. 

The past two days have been nothing but busy trying to organise the small little heist where we will steal those paintings away when they will be up for auction tonight. Alvarez family is dangerous, the head of the Alvarez family, Mr Arlo Alvarez who is the underboss for Florida, and the consigliere of Washington, the one that got killed were extremely close and now his death will only mean they will be having tighter security. 

"Arius, lovely smile you got there," Hazera grins from the door of the house. 

I have a frown on my face. 

Laina chuckles while Fabian huffs out which is his way of laughing at her humour. 

I roll my eyes at her but turn back towards my phone where I am hoping I will get the message soon that the weapons are set inside the ballroom tonight. This isn't big, we have done these hundreds of times but this is the final one when the one-month mark will begin. 

The thing is, I have a woman to take care of while doing all of this. One that insisted on going with us. 

"Where is my sister-in-law?" Hazera asks with a teasing smile on her face, instantly Laina loses her smile and she takes on a defensive stance. 

"She's coming down in a few minutes," I already told them all that she will be coming with us. 

They didn't react at all actually except Hazera who just has endless energy in her at all times.