Chapter 2 | Uncalled for

"Ow!"

Momo shouted, tears in her eyes. She held her feet, wincing at the pain that slowly formed on her milky fair skin. The redness stood out like a sore thumb.

Her small and petite figure curled up, shivering like a leaf on a dry branch. She felt pain in her shoulder and unexpectedly twisted her ankles.

I could very clearly see that there are other children around our age near the scene. They did nothing but watch as Momo fell by herself.

What the hell...

I exasperatedly sigh at my luck.

I just arrived after waking up late. Just a few seconds after letting down my vigilant eyes, this kind of behaviour happens.

Last time I checked, pretty sure the teacher told us to help whoever is in need of help or assistance.

They're just staring at her. 

Do something dammit, I'm still a few metres away.

"It's 8 in the damn morning..." I irritatingly mumbled underneath my breath, "..I don't have the energy for this crap..."

I partially know the situation.

Our classmates, after Haru left, have acted differently. To be more precise, his fan club did.

They usually just casually talk to her or just ignore her.

Things have changed a bit, other than no Haru, his fan club is no longer keeping their last grain decency.

He only left recently and this happens.

Not related but isn't he a child? Why does he have a fan club?

A Shoujo thing, I guess.

I was about to approach the fallen Momo when a blonde-haired girl stood there, sneering at her.

I eyed the girl, skimming her features.

Damn, she screams expensive.

I'm pretty sure brother said that the villainess is usually a rich young miss. But why is she here in an average primary school?

How cliche could a cliche trope be more cliche than it already is?

"Crybaby~ Momo is a crybaby~"

...that's cliche.

On cue, a tear fell down her cheek. She sobbed quite sadly, she must've hurt herself. I rushed towards her.

I helped Momo stand up, she hid behind me soon after—staggering. 

I held my breath, keeping it so that I can save the sigh and release it in my room instead.

The leader of the group, Aya-san, is actively teasing her. I wouldn't say her level of teasing is that of a bully, she hasn't done anything yet. Momo fell down by herself, and she's just scoffing at her unruliness, I think?

Truthfully speaking, Aya-san is a cute child. But even that doesn't excuse her attitude. She's holding that arrogant-like scoff, and she's only a child. Imagine how much worse her personality could possibly be when she grew up later.

Sooner or later, she'd regret picking on Momo, because she's definitely the villainess.

For now, at the very least.

I observed her. Blonde hair that was tied cleanly, a simple yet expensive-looking accessory was hung on her hair, making her pale coloured hair shine under the light.

Her arms were crossed, and she lightly look down on Momo. She had this condescending look that irks me because her face doesn't match her personality.

She has the air of a noble lady, if that made sense somehow.