Chapter 25 | Stupidly Sad

"You- You had a girlfriend?!"

Although Momo was the only one voicing out her shock, I was pretty damn sure my jaw was on the ground.

"Yeah," He shrugged, "Why?"

I never felt so shocked in my life before.

Though I know he can pull, I never knew he dated one!

"Why!??!" All three of us yelled in unison. "Are you playing dumb or do you genuinely do not know?"

Brother looked at us weirdly, confusion in his eyes and his tightening embrace on the three kittens he brought over out of fear from our gazes. 

"What? Am I banned from dating or something?" He looked at me with curiosity, "Did mother set that rule?"

"No-"

"Then what's the problem?"

This guy-

I can't tell if he's really oblivious on such matter, since his expression didn't change, he only looked at us as if he's looking at a group of stupid toddlers.

I started rummaging through my memories.

No, was I just blind? How could I not realize this when all the school's gossip comes right into ears?

There's no way I'll let a scandal from brother to slip past me.

I tried recalling anything remotely suspicious that he did.

Oh right, he went on a shopping spree not too long ago.

When he saw my cat erasers, he immediately rushed to a stationary store. He came back with an additional cat mechanical pencil and dozens of cat plushies.

Did he perhaps gave one from the dozens of cat plushies to his girlfriend?- no, ex-girlfriend.

"..."

No, definitely not. He'd choose cats over his lover any time, there's no way he's gonna give his beloved cat plushies to anyone, not even me.

Then what did he do??? 

Is he just a master at covering his love life?

I looked briefly at person who is currently getting interrogated by Momo and Haru.

His eyes were blank as he answered, yawning every now and then, squealing when the kittens rub their heads on his large palm.

"..."

There's no way this exact same person can date properly.

The more I think, the more I doubt.

Out of curiosity, I asked.

"Hey, how long did you guys date?"

Haru stopped shaking Tsuki and looked at him with a pleading gaze.

"Uh.." He trailed, trying to remember. "I'm not sure, probably a year or so."

"...what?"

I was expecting the longest would be one month, and shortest would be a week.

But a year? That's longer than I expected.

"Let me guess, she broke up with you because of your obsession with cats?"

Haru jokingly said while patting his back.

"..."

"Wait," Haru paused and looked at brother in amazement, "Did she really dump you because of that?-"

"..."

The silence was so loud.

Then we heard a chuckle from none other than Momo, who was listening this whole time with her eyes wide.