Epilogue

I wish I could've said bye to Dr. Azur before I left. She was too much of a wreck to understand me. I think she's in good hands with her mate though. I don't know what happened between them but, he loves her.

He agreed to let me go into his woods. He wanted to send some of his men with me but, I turned him down.

I left a note in my house for my mother to find. I've decided that I've forgiven her. It's mostly because I want nothing to do with her. I wanted to erase any mark she may have left on me. I want to find out who I am without her influence and I can't do that if I'm still carrying my anger for her.

As for Yanis, I try my best not to think of her. Her mark left a hideous scar on me. I love her though. I love her despite what she did. I know she was scared for me. Still, I am overcome with my anger for her. Worst of all I feel terrible guilt for leaving her.

I stare at the woods in front of me, they're unnaturally quiet and surely filled with danger. The trees are unimaginably tall and foreboding. I can't see six feet into the thicket with its heavy darkness. I know my dad is in there somewhere though. I take a deep breath before taking my first step into the woods.

Sometimes an end is only a beginning.