|| 23 ||

She stood by as it fell apart. Separate rooms and broken hearts, but I won't be the one to let you go. Oh, I'm not sure what this is gonna be, but with my eyes closed all I see is the skyline, through the window, the moon above you and the streets below. Hold my breath as you're moving in, taste your lips and feel your skin. When the time comes, baby don't run, just kiss me slowly.

«Kiss Me Slowly» Parachute*

-----

"What is she listening to?" I hear Calum ask. I turn the volume up.

"Sleeping With Sirens just released their new album and she hasn't stopped playing it since it came out," R sighs. "I mean, I love them, too. But she's literally been listening to the same sixteen songs over and over again for hours."

"Should we do something?" Luke says. I turn it up.

"I mean, maybe?" Ashton questions. "This can't be healthy, can it?"

"Let's just take the headphones away," Calum decides.

I don't panic just yet.

"If you take away her headphones, that is literally your death sentence," R states seriously.

And that's why.

"Okay, but this isn't normal! It's been forty-eight hours! She's going to short out her brain or something!" Luke shrieks.

"Calm down," R snaps. "She's fine. She does this whenever there's a new song or whatever."

"Any new song?" Ashton asks, sounding confused.

"Any by her favorite bands, yes."

"Hmm," Calum hums. "I'm going for it."

Finally, I make a move to reach behind the couch cushion, pulling out my spray bottle. I aim it in the direction of Calum's footsteps and shoot.

"What the fuck?!" he screams. "How did she even do that?! Her eyes are closed and she's blasting music!"

"Never believe you can get the best of me, Clum," I state, my eyes remaining closed and headphones securely in place. "I am the master and you are a fool."

"Nuh-uh!" he snipes. At this, I open one eye to stare at him.

"You really think arguing 'nuh-uh' proves that you are not a fool?"

He scoffs and sticks his tongue out at me. I glare at him with my one eye and stick my own back at him.

"We are children," R sighs. "Now that we have your attention, Andi--put down the music."

"Fine," I groan, sitting up from the couch. "Only because I think I'm starting to wear out my headphones."

"Uh-huh," she laughs. I flip her off as I stand up to join the rest of the as the move to hover over a sheet of paper. "What are you looking at?"

"Set list for tomorrow," Michael mumbles the first words I've heard him say all day. I walk to stand next to him, looking over his shoulder at the list. I feel him stiffen beside me but I refrain from rolling my eyes and continue scrolling through song titles.

"Yeah, and we have to rehearse a tad more. You girls wanna give us some feedback?" Luke asks, wrapping his arm to rest around R's waist.

"Always," R chirps. Luke smiles and gives her cheek a kiss.

"Ew," Calum grimaces. "Let's just play, okay?"

Luke bites his lip as he chuckles and pinches R's hip before walking towards his guitar.