|| 25 ||

I know people make promises all the time, Then they turn right around and break them. When someone cuts your heart open with a knife and you're bleeding. But I could be that guy to heal it over time, and I won't stop until you believe it, 'cause baby you're worth it. So don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me.

«Not a Bad Thing» Justin Timberlake

-----

Michael's POV

"What is even happening?" I groan.

"I'm not going to dignify that with an answer," Luke chuckles, not looking up from the grape he is trying to peel as entertainment. "If you're stupid or blind or whatever enough to be so clueless, you'll just have to figure it out on your own."

I let out a heavy sigh and drag my hands down my face. Andi and Evan continue dancing about, oblivious to the hot steam spinning inside my head.

"I don't know what to do! What can I do when it's blatantly obvious she isn't available for anything else?! I mean, at this point, I don't even know if friends is an option in her mind!" I fume.

"Okay, now we're getting somewhere," Luke sighs and stops fidgeting with the fruit, finally looking up to give me his full attention. "So you want something more, now?"

"What is more?" I snide.

"Morning cuddles, brunch, holding hands, meeting the parents, doing her favors, holding her purse. All that stuff," he laughs. "You guys already have the kissing down."

"Fuck off," I grunt. "Plus, I don't think Andi is the type for brunch or a big deal meet the parents. Favors, holding hands, and morning cuddles I'll accept. Purse--she's on her own."

"Okay, regardless. That means that's what you want?" I can hear his smug smirk.

"That's something--"

"You want," Luke cuts me off.

"That's something I could--"

"Want." He tips forward on his toes with every answer and I want to tug his blond hair out.

"Let me talk, dickface," I snap. "That's something I could maybe handle, I guess."

Luke purses his lips in a quick line with a nod. "So you want it?"

"You're an ass," I scoff.

"Just go for it, will you?!" he laughs mockingly. "Go for it because you both want it even though Andi seems to be even more oblivious to that than you, and god knows she won't make the first move! She can't be afraid of falling in love forever!"

"What?" I ask, my tone more calm. "What does that mean?"

Luke shrugs and rolls his eyes. "I don't know, this philiophobia thing where she's scared to be in love. Stuff with her childhood and shit."

"Well, that's great," I groan. I slump my shoulders and pick at the cookie crumbs on the snack table. "So then what am I trying to do with this? I'm not saying I love her, but if she's afraid of anything even related, what else is there?!"

"Just because she's scared of falling in love doesn't mean she never will."

"Do you even know Andi?!" I laugh, border-lining on hysteria. "She's the most stubborn, guarded, and aggravating person I've ever met! She won't be open to risking feeling anything!"

"God fucking dammit," Luke mutters, pinching the bridge between his nose, his face twisted and scrunched. "I swear, Michael, grow a pair or I'll be pushing you off the fire escape next chance I get!" he screams. Screams. His face looks so exasperated in fury, I'm almost scared.

Graffiti Girl // Michael Cliffordजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें