Chapter 13

Standing outside were my parents and Damien's parents. Valerie, Damien's mom, first looked at me, and then her eyes focused on Lily in my arms. She covered her mouth with her hand, silver lining her eyes as she stares at Lily.

"Mama?" Lily asks looking at me.

At that one word, Valerie let out a sound of pure joy and started jumping up and down.

"Here," I say, holding out Lily to Valerie.

Valerie holds Lily like she's the most fragile thing in the world, and James, Damien's father, smiles at Lily, his own eyes filled with excitement as the two of them talk to Lily.

Mom and Dad kiss my forehead and then head over to the couch.

"Where's Damien?" James asks, finally taking his eyes off of Lily to come over to me and kiss my cheek in greeting.

"I'm here!" Damien calls, coming down the stairs.

He kisses my mom on the cheek and dad gives me a fatherly hug. Then he greets both of his parents, smiling at the excited look on his mother's face as she holds our daughter. After a lot of chattering, Valerie finally let's Lily down and she skips over to me. She tugs on my leg and I crouch down to match her height. 

"Yes sweetie?" I ask.

She turns her questioning gaze over to Valerie and James and I smile at her.

"That's you're other grandma and grandpa," I say.

"Grama and grampa?" She asks.

I laugh at the awkward way she tries to say the words but I nod.

I grin at her and then feel someone staring at me and look up, getting caught in the intense gaze of Damien.

I stare at him, not being able to look away from his pretty blue eyes.

"Eve! Evelyn!" Someone calls.

I blink and turn to look at my mom who's raising an eyebrow at me.

"Hmmm? Sorry, what?" I ask.

When my mom just keeps her eyebrow raised looking between Damien, who is talking to his mom now, and me. I turn bright red, fighting the urge to laugh nervously.

Mom grins, but says, "Let's eat. We have something important to tell you afterwards."

"Alright," I say.

I know this chapter was small, and I'm really sorry. I've had a lot of school work and a lot of tests so I haven't had much time, but I swear I'll make it up to you all.