Chapter 20

We ate dinner at some place, and then came back to our rooms. 

I grab a change of clothes and tell Damien that I'm going to take a shower and then escape into the bathroom attached to our bedroom. There's only one bathroom, so I lock the door, just in case Damien decides it'll be funny to make a surprise visit.

I soak under the water, scrubbing my skin until it's raw, wanting all traces of Trix's hands on my skin gone.

After that, I change into my nightclothes: a pair of shorts underneath a short nightgown that stops right above my knees with the sleeves as only a strip of fabric.

I throw my hair into a messy bun and leave the bathroom, letting Damien go in to take a shower for himself.

I'm on my phone, debating weather or not to call Thalia when Damien comes out of the shower, wearing nothing but a pair of sweats.

I can't help but look at him. His chest is still tanned and sculpted, muscles showing off.

I immediately look back down, not wanting him catch me staring, though I'm sure he already did.

I need to talk to Thalia. One day on this stupid trip and it's messing to my mind.

As if she heard my thoughts, Thalia calls me.

"Hey," I say, getting out of bed and walking back to the living room so Damien can't evesdrop.

"Hey. Everything good over there?" Thalia asks, concern in her voice.

"Of course!" I say, laughing off her concern.

"Good. If Damien tries something, call me. I'll be there in a blink of an eye and kick his ass so far away from you, he won't even know what continent he's in," Thalia says, her voice filled with conviction.

"I'm fine, Thalia," I promise. "How's Lily?"

"She's better. Valerie's been teaching her a bunch of games and she's been having a lot of fun. Do you want to talk to her?" Thalia asks.

I hesitate.

What if talking to me makes her sad again?

"Is she awake?" I ask.

"Yes. She's been wanting to talk to you," Thalia says.

"Okay, give the phone over to her," I say.

"Mama?" Lily's sweet voice asks a second later.

"Lily!" I say, slightly excited.

"When are you coming back? I miss you," Lily whines, but luckily, there's no tremble in her voice indicating that she's crying.

"I'll be back soon. Promise! Tell me about your day. Did you have fun with. your grandparents and Valerie?" I ask.

Lily talks about what she did the whole day for a while, and I finally decided to say goodnight since it was getting late and I didn't want her to wake up tired in the morning.

"Alright, sweetie. You should go to sleep. I'll be back home soon, okay? Good night," I say.

"Okay. Good night, mama," Lily says.

I bid Thalia goodnight and then cut the call.

When I go back to the bedroom, Damien's in bed, his phone in his hand.

Part of me wants to turn around and go sleep on the couch because he's half naked, but...why should I  be the one to sleep on the couch? If he's not going to, then neither am I .

I slide under the covers.

"How's Lily?" Damien asks.

"Fine," I say, jaw tightening.

And that's that.

A few minutes later, we turn off the lights and go to sleep, both of us on opposite ends of the bed.

Hey guys! I'm back! I hope you enjoy the chapter. I just got a dog, so I might be a bit busy, but I'll update soon!

My Little Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें