Chapter 23

Zorion Point of View

God please help me!

Heavens, have mercy!

The Lord of hell – Uh, aren't you always with me with new problems every day?

But today's problem – nay, problems are something different from any other. This is a problem that I had never faced and never expected to face in this lifetime.

One, the problem of Meow ignoring me!

I know I didn't tell who I was to her and yes that's a mistake but hey, I hid my identity from everyone to have a free life. It's not that I just concealed it from her.

But still I know I'm wrong because she approached me to help her with her revenge on my family and I should've told her at least hinted then itself that Allards' are close to me.

Then she started liking me and I know she loves me. I should've at least told her my surname then but no, I was too much of a buttbelly.

And now, she is not talking to me. I wish she at least meow at me. I would go yipping around but her silent treatment is making me insane more than her meowing would.

Days of not talking to her, not having the constant meowing scratch my ears, it felt... empty.

By all means, it's not love. Absolutely not! But when you get used to this certain noise and it suddenly shuts down, your ears keep ringing, craving for that noise.

But that a problem for the later day. Right now, I'm more worried about my second and the deadliest problem for the day;

The matchmaking problem!

For the hundredth time in the past twenty minutes, I've been sighing and all I keep doing is sighing.

Here I am, at Almond grandma's hundredth birthday banquet, with several girls sticking around me in the name of matchmaking.

It's okay if I am attracted to a girl or a desperate girl is tempting me. They are easy to deal with. But girls from good families with notable upbringing sent to you with an intention of matchmaking –

They are absolute horror!

"Some relationships work out well while some don't. I don't blame anyone of you but Zorion dear, you need to get yourself a good woman and get married before you went dry." That was what Grandma said looking down at my manhood when she introduced me to nearly five young girls on her birthday ceremony.

Almond family are treating me like usual. There is no contempt nor hate in the way they are looking at me and that got me again.

"Use the ambiance to your advantage and find your feelings." That was what she said when she left me with these five girls before walking off with Meow to perform some kind of family ritual.

What disappointed me the most was Meow did not speak to me all this time nor did she ever raise her opposition when her grandma introduced girls to the man she loves.

Whatever happened to my crazy Meow who goes insane at every breathing chance?

"So, I'm the eldest daughter of local pastor. Visiting church every Sunday is my favorite time of the week. Being in a pastor family, we do receive few benefits in other churches around." The white dressed girl said with a shy smile.

Frankly, I don't know how to respond back. I'm not a religious person and I'm definitely not pure. I've been several girls on nights making me a demon according to religious books.

Looking at the white dressed pastor girl, I realized she blushes like Meow does but there is no lunacy to her blush that Meow possessed.

"I come from the long line of business family. Our family was the first to achieve the great business goals in this country, making us oldest and prominent business family." The peachy looking girl smiled at me with pride in her eyes.