Chapter 24

Tiny Point of View

I'm not a good person.

I always thought I'm a kind and a good girl but seems like I'm not. How else would it explain when I felt extremely happy when I saw Human sculpture suffering in the hands of his blind dates?

The way the beautiful girls were trying to make best out of this blind date and how he kept escaping, hiding and if not possible, listening to them without saying a single word; I felt like something evil took over me at that moment and pushed me to laugh out loudly.

"It's time for the ritual! Dear everyone, please gather around." My eldest uncle announced as he clapped to gain the attention.

Soon, all the family members, friends, guests and Allards' – old and new – gathered around the small bonfire as per the request.

"A century young, the eldest of the Almond household, Bruno Anne Almond has seen days and night that are both good and bad. Today, on her hundredth birthday, we burn all the catastrophes that might come her way and pave a way for another century of beautiful journey." Eldest uncle finished giving grandma a kiss on her cheek.

Following his father, Bosc pulled out grandma's medical reports and unpinned them to burn them separately in order.

"Your grandma's name is Bruno? It's a little male-ish." Ilaria Allard nudged my arm as she asked me for the clarification.

I slightly turned to her to tell her the reason but all that came out from my mouth is meow meow and meow. So, seeing my struggle, Quince, who was standing beside me on the other side explained.

"When grandma was still in her mother's womb, the midwives declared that it was a boy. The midwives even felt the male anatomy through her mother's stomach but some miracle happened and the baby was born penis-less. Later it turned out a girl was born and her parents named her with the boy name they decided previously. Grandma is still known as a miracle baby back in our hometown." I nodded at her with a smile just as he finished.

Grandma Bruno is the best!

"Wow, your family is full of never-ending stories." Anete Allard commented with a new found admiration in her eyes towards grandma.

"Grandma, we wish you to live a couple more centuries without taking any medicine. May good health be your family but not just a guest." All my male cousins burned the first paper of the reports once Bosc completed the small speech.

"Granny, I want you to make delicious food to my future kids, their kids and the kids that come after them. I wish you the strength of an Alpha werewolf." My elder sister Cream, along with three of my other female cousins spoke as they burnt the second paper of the report.

I walked forward and took the third paper. Soul, Aella, Caramel and the little boy she adopted – whom I named Lentil – stood with me to convey wishes together.

When my eyes met grandma's I smiled widely at her standing figure. At the age of hundred, she still stood strongly and did not even huff in exhaustion.

"I wish you happiness of the world. May you die only when Earth is no longer a planet in this solar system; I wouldn't want you to live a lonely life when everyone dies." I laughed out when I saw my cousin laugh at what I said. Grandma giggled at me. "We love you a lot and happy hundredth birthday, grandma."

We burned the third paper. Following us, my papa, mama, uncles and aunts wished her and burnt other papers of the report.

We all made out way to kiss grandma as a part of second ritual. We were all laughing, teasing and hitting each other when I noticed Allard sisters looking at us with moist eyes and their brother Human sculpture Allard is busy dealing with his blind dates.