chapter 6

Chapter 6

AUSTIN

After I got back to the hotel after the concert I put pajamas on and sat on the couch as I turned on the t.v. I groaned at the fact that hotels never had good channels. The only show that happened to be on was Ellen that was a re run from that morning. I set the remote down and watched as she talked about some random story about Miley Cyrus.

“And now, please welcome Alexis Baxter.” I sat up straight at the sound of the name. The audience broke out into applause and cheering. It couldn’t be. My mouth dropped when I saw the familiar face appear on screen when she sat down.

“So Alexis, how has this past month been?”

“Its crazy. I cant believe I’m on your show in just a month.” She smiled.

“So is it true that you were discovered at your school talent show?”

“Yeah it was shocking. You know I just left stage after performing and this guy came up to me and said he wanted me to sing a song to see if they wanted to sign me to the label.”

“And is it true you’re signed to the same label as Austin Mahone?”

“Uh I didn’t know about that. I mean I knew he got signed but he never said who signed him.”

“What do you mean he never said who signed them?”

“Well we kinda grew up together.”

“Kinda?”

“I met him my first day of kindergarten, we were in the same class. I was scared no one would like me and he came over to play with me. We found out that we actually lived next door to each other. And we made the kindergarten promise to be friends forever and we just grew really close. We were best friends. We told each other everything.”

“So what happened? I mean do you still talk?”

“Not so much anymore. When he got signed everything spiraled down from there.” I could see her face change from happy to sad as she said that.

“I do have another question on your friend ship. So I was face book creepin on your facebook account. Not the fan page but your personal that’s only for friends and family. And I came across this picture.” Ellen said. Just then, a picture of me and Alexis appeared on the screen. She was curled up in my lap and had her arms wrapped around my neck. One of my arms was wrapped around her waist and the other was resting on her legs. We were both looking at each other, wearing big smiles.

“Um yeah that. I haven’t seen that in a couple years.” She sighed.

“Whats it from?”

“My 16th birthday. It was a few months before we broke up I mean before Austin got signed.”

“So you two dated?”

“3 years.”

“Wow. So what was going on in this picture?” Ellen asked.

“It was the night he told me he loved me. He sang me a song that he had written before we started dating.” I saw tears form in her eyes. I sat back, the memory came flooding back.

-2 years ago; Alexis’ 16th birthday-

“Make a wish and blow out the candles.” Her mom said. Alexis smiled and closed her eyes before taking a deep breath and blowing them out.

“What did you wish for?” I asked.

“Well if I tell you then it wont come true.” She rolled her eyes.