chapter 13

(Alexis)

"I'm gonna go take a shower and get ready to go." I said when we got back to the house.

"Okay, I'll be here." He said as he walked to his room. I walked to my room and grabbed my blue bathrobe and walked to the bath room. I'd never say it out loud but I was insanely excited about tonight. The last time I was excited about a date was 4 years ago when Austin and I went on our first date.

-flashback-

"okay so I'll pick you up at 7." He said.

"Alright see you then." I said. I hung up the phone and tossed it on my bed. I took and quick shower and quickly straightened my hair. I threw on jean shorts and a blue tank top with my black high top converse. By the time I was ready to go, Austin was out front.

"Bye mom!" I shouted as I walked to the door. When I opened it I saw a very happy looking Austin standing there holding a picnic basket, wearing a huge grin on his face.

"Hey you!" I smiled. I walked out and shut the door behind me.

"Hey. You ready to go?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"Okay then let's go." He smiled and took my hand. As we walked down my driveway I remembered that he was holding a picnic basket.

"So where exactly are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see." He smiled.

"Just tell me."

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"Cause I want it to be a surprise."

"But-"

"Alexis."

"Fine." I groaned, knowing there was no way I was going to win. A few minutes later we reached the park.

"The park?" I asked.

"Kind of. We're almost there." Without questioning, I followed him. Not that I had much of a choice considering his hand held mine. We walked through some trees and up a little hill. When we got to the top he dropped the basket, took out a blanket and laid it out before he sat on it.

"What is this place?" I asked after I sat down.

"My secret hideout."

"Its not exactly hidden." I looked around and saw how open it was.

"I know. But no one comes here. That's why I come. To think in the peace and quiet."

"What do you think about?"

"A lot of things.'

"Mmm. Like what?" I asked. He looked over at me and smiled.

"I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you." he said. I gasped and looked at him. He started chuckling so I nudged his shoulder.

"I'm kidding." He said.

"Well then what do you think about?"

"I'm not saying."

"Why not?"

"Ask me in four years."

"Why four?"

"Because we'll be old enough to actually talk about it."

"Fine, four years it is."

-present-

Wow. I thought as I put the finishing touches on my hair. I hadn't thought about that in a long time. I mean back then I thought about it all the time. I came up with all sorts of things that it could be. when I was done I left the bathroom and walked out to the living room where he was sitting on the couch.