Chapter 19

First of all, let me say how incredible sorry I am for ot updating in months.  I feel so bad. I have been so busy these past fw months but that’s gonna change. I’m going to start updating more regulary. Again, I am so so so so sooooo sorry. But here is an update.

­­________________________________

-5 months later-

(Austin)

“I cant believe we finished the tour already. It seems like we started a few days ago.” I said to Alexis as we rode back to Miami after our last show.

“I know, it is crazy. I don’t think it seemed that short though. it was definitely long but it was a lot of fun.” She said.

“Yeah that’s true. It was a lot of fun though. seeing all the different places. Meeting all the fans.”

“Yeah it was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for having me.”

“Thanks for coming.” I said.

“So what now?”

“What do you mean?”

“Like what happens now? The tour is over, what do we do?” she asked.

“I don’t know. I guess we just continue living our lives.”

“Oh okay.” She nodded. She reached over in her bag and grabbed her book and started reading.

I took that silent time to reflect on all that had happened on tour. Ever since that talk in the hotel about five months ago when we talked about the songs we had written, things had been really good between us. We hadn’t fought at all. We’ve been getting along ever since then. I’ve really enjoyed it. Truthfully I am really upset that the tour is over because that means I wont be able to see her every day. Which is definitely going to suck. In these past five months so much has changed. Things had healed in a way. Its not like those fights had never happened, but somehow we both managed to look past that and act like it had never happened. I know we discussed that things wouldn’t be the same enough for us to get back together but I just couldn’t come to accept that. I needed her in my life. period. No maybes and what ifs. She was meant for me as I was meant for her. Even if she didn’t want to admit that. It was the truth. Which is why I had planned the perfect dinner for us tonight.

“Hey Alexis?”

“Yeah?” she looked up from her book.

“Are we still on for dinner tonight?”

“Yeah sure sounds good to me. Where are we going?”

“Isnt that obvious?”

“Olive Garden. Why did I even ask?” she chuckled and went back to reading her book. I chuckled and rested my head on my pillow. 3 more hours until we got home and then time to go to dinner.

(Alexis)

I continued to read my book, very well aware of the fact that Austin kept looking in my direction. I wondered about that boy sometimes. I wondered what he thought about. From the way he looked I could tell that he was thinking something he shouldn’t. That was the thing about him. No matter how times we discussed that our future together would be nothing more than friends, he always wanted to make it more. Well, he never said it out loud but sometimes I could tell that he was thinking that. Honestly, I don’t know why. I mean, of course I still love him but that doesn’t mean I want to be with him. He hurt me too much and there was too much fighting between us. Yeah I know I said I forgave him but I’ll never forget any of it. Just like he wont. He fell asleep shortly after reminding me about our dinner that we had planned. It was always Olive Garden. That place is like his drug. If he had to save one restaurant, it would be Olive Garden. I shook my head and chuckled at the thought.