chapter 14

(AUSTIN)

We went to bed around 3:30 but I couldn’t sleep. I checked my phone for the 5th time to see what time it was. I groaned when it read 5:50 am. Sure I had pulled all nighters before, but they were with friends. I mean technically Alexis and I had pulled an all nighter but she was probably asleep. It really didn’t count as an all nighter unless you stayed up for a full 24 hours. I really wish I could go to sleep though because if I didn’t then I would fall asleep on the bus and leave Alexis by herself. It was about a four hour drive so I didn’t want to do that to her. I kept tossing and turning but eventually gave up. As I laid there I thought about the things I could do to keep myself entertained. Shortly after I remembered that I still hadn’t pulled my revenge prank on Alexis. I thought about different things to do and finally came up with a good one. I got out of bed and quietly opened my door. I stayed as quiet as possible while I set up the stuff for the prank. When I was satisfied with my work I went back to my room and got in bed. I fell asleep shortly after.

__________

I got up about two hours later with little to no energy. I gained a lot more when I remembered my prank. I think the sudden burst of energy came from the amount of excitement I had about my prank, but whatever. At least I had energy. When I walked out to the kitchen I noticed she wasn’t out there, which meant she was still asleep. I got out a bowl and poured my self a cereal and took a seat at the counter. A few minutes after I began eating, Alexis came out.

“Morning!” she said in a chirpy voice.

“Morning. How’d you sleep?” I asked trying to hide my smile.

“Great! I fell asleep right away. What about you?” she asked.

“Oh same here.” I lied. I continued eating and watched as she walked to the cabinet. She poured her self a bowl of rice krispies and milk and then went to get some sugar. After pouring it on her cereal she sat on another side of the counter. She took a big bite of cereal. I watched as her smile quickly faded to a face that looked like she was going to barf. She jumped out of her seat and ran to the sink to rinse out her mouth. So far so good. She ate the salt, now here comes the next surprise. When she used the sprayer thing to rinse out her mouth she shrieked, realizing that it was a sticky liquid. Not water. I had unhooked it from the water pipe and stuck it in a two liter bottle of sprite. When she heard me laughing she turned around.

“Did you do this?”

“Yeah.” I nodded.

“Why?”

“Because it’s funny.” I laughed.

“So? A lot of things are funny. That doesn’t mean they need to be done.” She said crossing her arms over her chest.

“I’m sorry. Let me get you a towel.” I said. I walked to a drawer and pulled out a white towel and handed it to her.

“Thank you.” she said after taking it. I stood there and watched as she patted her face dry. She pulled it away slowly and turned to face me. Her face was white because it was covered in flour. Before I could stop myself I burst out laughing.

“Really Austin?”

“Yeah.” I managed to choke out.

“You’re so mean!” she said as she slapped my arm. Quite hard I might add.

“OW!” I stopped laughing and rubbed my arm.

“What?”

“That hurt.”

“Suck it up princess. I’m gonna go shower and get this stuff off my face and out of my hair.”

“Okay have fun.”