Chapter 26

AUTHORS NOTE: soooo I was extremely pissed off earlier because I had the entire chapter (26) written a few weeks ago and I typed it, but the file got deleted completely off my computer and I cant find the written version. So, since that happened, I decided that maybe it was a sign to change what had originally planned to happen. And you guys will love me for it. so yeah, sorry for the gap. Been testing and had crazy amount of stuff for school and I was going through (and still am) a really difficult time, but I thought I shouldn’t keep you waiting any longer. After this there will be one more chapter and it’ll be the end of the story. I’m sad it is ending but I am excited to start other fan fictions. And it is almost summer! That means I’ll be updating regularly. Alrighty, bye!

________________________________________________________________________________

(Alexis)

It had been three months since I was released from the hospital. Three months since I last saw Austin. Three months since I had talked to him. He called me a few times and texted a lot the first two weeks but I never answered. Its not that I didn’t want to answer. I did want too. But I couldn’t. I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I couldn’t let myself get into yet another mess. Every time we talked after breaking up or separating or whatever you want to call it, after every fight, he somehow always found a way to make me go back to him. I don’t think he did it intentionally every single time, it just happened. Because I’m weak when it comes to him. And, as much as I wanted to hate him and never see him or talk to him again, a part of me yearned for him. I yearned for his touch, his hugs, his kiss, I yearned for everything. He was my everything. And we did everything we could to make it work but in the end, I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. It breaks my heart knowing that we won’t be together, but I know that its for the best. Whenever I think about how we always said we’d be together forever no matter what, it always make me think of when we were 15, just like a lot of the memories I have talked about.

-flashback-

I was over at Austin’s house having a movie night while our moms were gone. It was 11 at night and we were on our 3rd movie. He was sitting up while I sat curled up on his lap. My head was on his shoulder, one of his arms wrapped around my waist and his other hand held mine and rested on my lap. We were watching the Notebook and it was at the part that was showing Allie and Noah as their older selves laying in the bed and the nurse comes in and sees them. I’ve seen this movie a dozen times and I still tear up at that part.

“Are you crying again?” I heard Austin ask.

“No.” I said quickly, wiping my eyes.

“You are too!” he replied.

“Am not!”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah.” I said. Right when I said that he turned my head so that I was facing him.

“You were too crying! Your eyes are red and your face is wet.”

“So what?” I turned away.

“Every time.” He chuckled.

“What’s so bad about me crying? It’s a sad part of the movie.”

“True. But it is also one of the sweetest parts.” He replied.

“How so?”

“Well, I mean if you look at all they have been through together, they still ended up together and were married for more than 50 years. And then she asks if their love is strong enough to take them together. And it was. I think that it is really sweet.” He said.