Chapter 21

(Alexis)

I woke up the next morning and looked over at Austin. He was facing me but his eyes were closed. One of his arms was by his side and the other was resting on the pillow he was using, laying by his face. His mouth was partly open and I felt a smile form on my face. He was seriously the most adorable sleeper ever. I leaned over and kissed his cheek and ran my fingers through his hair. I did that for a while and started singing ‘Just the Way You Are’ by Bruno Mars. 

“His hair his hair falls perfectly without him trying. His laugh his laugh he hated but I think its so sexy.” I sang, thinking about how perfect his hair was and how much he hated it. That’s why he was always wearing hats. Which bugged the heck out of me. I don’t know why he hated it so much, just like the way he hated his laugh. I don’t get what there was to hate about it. That deep low chuckle, that giggle, even those times when it got high if you poked him where he’s ticklish, and then just his normal laugh. They were all incredibly sexy and I was amazed how he couldn’t see it. That’s probably how he felt when I told him I wasn’t beautiful. It probably bugged the heck out of him that I hated the way I looked, the way it bugged me how he hated his hair. I finally understood how he felt. I started getting out of bed but before I could even stand I felt a soft hand gently take ahold of my arm. I turned my head and saw Austin laying there with his eyes still closed.

“Don’t leave” he mumbled.

“Okay.” I chuckled and laid back down. I turned my body so I was facing him and his arm wrapped around me, pulling me closer to him. His eyes fluttered open and he looked into my eyes and smile. 

“Morning beautiful” he said. His hand was resting on my lower back, touching my skin and I felt his warmth. He began making small circles which brought a lot of comfort. 

“Morning”

“How did you sleep?”

“Pretty good. You?”

“I slept perfectly.”

“Perfectly?” I asked.

“Yes, perfectly.”

“What made it perfect?”

“You.” he smiled. I felt my cheeks get red and s shy smile creep on my face.

“You’re so cute sometimes.” He smiled.

“Why?”

“Because I can still make you blush so easily. We’ve known each other since we were five. We dated for about 3 years. And you still blush at the smallest things.” He chuckled.

“Well its your fault.”

“How is it my fault?”

“Because it just is.”

“How?”

“Because you say stuff like I was the reason you slept perfectly.”

“Yeah and?”

“Well you’re just so damn attractive and the way you say stuff in your deep yet soft voice. I can’t help it.” I could feel face getting redder by the minute.

“Aw babe.” He leaned in and kissed my nose. 

“I love you.”

“I love you too. Now can I get out of bed? I need to take a shower.” 

“Ughh. Fine. Go take your shower.” He said before he leaned in and kissed me. 

“Thank you.” I smiled. I got out of bed and grabbed clothes and walked to the bathroom. When I got there I locked the door and turned on the water.  While I waited for it to get warm I stared at myself in the mirror. All it took was 10 seconds for me to point out everything I hated about myself. My eyes weren’t pretty in any way. They were this dull greenish blue color. My pale skin. My nose was weird. My lips were weirdly shaped. My teeth looked weird. Don’t get me started on my hair. Or the shape of my face.  Its like the universe took all the ugly features and smacked them together to make me. And that’s just my face. I don’t even know what to say about my body. For one, I hated my figure.  I’m fat. My butt sucked. Yes, I said that. Despite all the jeans and pants I tried on, none of them made my butt look good. I don’t know what he saw in me. He could have any girl in the world. All of them were 20 times prettier than I ever would be, and he chose me. I sighed and turned away from the mirror, knowing it was never going to get better. I got in the shower and let the hot water hit me for a while before doing what I came to do. That’s a weird way to say it. Anyways. While I washed my hair, conditioned it, washed my face and all of the other stuff that comes with a shower I sang ‘Sparks Fly’ by Taylor Swift. It was stuck in my head and it seemed to fit my life right now. Sort of. Some parts of it.