Kailar - Chapter 1

Kailars POV

"Smile honey." My mother coaxed. Like every Luna she wanted everyone to be happy but today wasn't the day sadly. "It's going to be okay." She kissed my cheek then left to go check on my sisters.

I am Kailar Emery Legett , or should I say King Alpha Kailar Emery Legett. Today is my father's funeral, which is now the worse day in the packs history. My father was loved by everyone in the pack because unlike previous Alphas he believed we could be more, he wanted all the packs to be able to live without so much fighting. Not only will we be losing a King Alpha... We will be adding another. Tonight I will be crowned King Alpha of the Demesne Pack. Sighing I laid out my new uniform, on my bed then went to get my suit jacket before heading downstairs.

...

At the funeral we all sat in the front, my mom and sisters beside me; Ashley, Emma, and Julia who were all sad but kept their composure. Most of the packs came even some we didn't have close ties to come to show their respect. They all sat on the other side of the abbey. They all cared but I could still feel their fear we were the strongest pack but, over all of that I could feel lust...It made my bones tingle. I growled softly as my sisters and mother tried to ignore me. My wolf chase was howling in pleasure, the sent was intoxicating and I needed more. It was indescribable; strawberries, but yet a hint of nature.

'How much longer?' I asked my mother through the mind link. I didn't want to seem inpatient but this was important.

'About, ten minutes. You may be Alpha but I am still your mother. Don't rush your father's funeral! What's gotten into you?' she scolded me.

I sighed 'Sorry it's just that she is here.'

'She who?' My mother looked at me.

'My...My mate.' I mind linked her back.

'Stay calm Emery. You will see her tonight.' She assured me, patting my hand.

The whole time I thought about her. I could smell her sent. I couldn't wait to meet her. After the funeral we made our way outside but the crowd was to vast for me to find her.

'Tonight.' My wolf assured me. I just hoped he was right.

Once I was sure that my family was settled and okay I changed into some more casual clothes for the time being and started moving more of my stuff into the pack house with the help of my Beta Nathan. My suite was just added to the house which now made up part of the sixth floor, away from everyone else.

"You look distracted." Nathan stated opening up one of the boxes.

"I've found her." Was all I could say Nathan was excited, it showed on his face, I was never one to ask for anything or expect anything, so whenever something good happened he was always there for support.

"That's great!" he looked at the doorway and back to me. "Where is she?" his smile disappeared when I growled.

"Sorry Alpha." He bowed his head slightly.

"It's okay." I replied unpacking another box.

"Last one." Nathan grabbed another box. After that it was mostly silent, leaving me only to think about my mate. It was still an hour until the gala and, I was getting more anxious by the minute. I left the pack house so I could go home and change into my uniform. It was black and red with a white cape which flowed over my right shoulder and down almost touching the floor. I spiked my hair before making my way to the living room; my sister came down about five minutes later. I complimented them before we left to the grand hall on the other side of the palace where the gala was being held. My wolf was howling again, we could smell her sent which made us both happy. After my sisters and mother walked down the grand staircase into the grand hall I followed ready to find my mate.

I was greeted by many of the Alphas and their families, but I still did not see a sign of my mate...

'I need her!' My wolf yelled.

'Soon Chase...soon.' I assured him.

I spent some time with some of my warriors. There was Marcus, Jeremy, his twin sister Chloe, Tyler, and Rose. By the time we were done talking the guys were almost drunk. It was almost seven and I was starting to lose hope. She most likely left already. She probably heard things about me. Yes, I was a little cruel defiantly not the image of my father. I cared deeply for my pack though. I could feel my wolf whimpering.

The sound of my mother's voice caught my attention as she motioned for me to come onto the stage to say something. I wanted to yell at them, just let my feelings pour out but I couldn't, so I just went back to the way an Alpha should act. I waited until my mom was out of the way, as they all clapped when I approached. I stood my ground not smiling a bit as I delivered my speech.

"Despite my father's death, I am happy to be taking on the role of King Alpha and hope to serve you to the best of my abilities. I will never be able to fill my father's role, the man you all knew as Alpha for over 30 years. His death will be revenged but until then enjoy the night." They all applauded again. I exited as I was soon surrounded by my beta and warriors again all congratulating me and passing me drinks.

"Nice job...Alpha" stated Chloe. She was shorter than I was but not a force to be recon with. I have to hand it to her though, it was hid perfectly behind her innocence. Her brother flicked her ear as she hit him back. I couldn't help but laugh they never stopped messing with each other. I was only then startled by my oldest sister Emma making her way through the crowd.

"Em!" My sister yelled making her way to me I could see her dragging another person. She had an annoying voice that only a mother could love. It was snobbish and fake. I ignored her trying to make her way through as I went back to my group.

"Any who" Jeremy started before he was interrupted by Emma again this time I could smell her as she approached.

'Mate!' My wolf growled at me.

"How dare you be rude to me 'Mr. Alpha'." She added the emphases to my title. "I want you to meet someone; you might not remember her though."

I turned around to see her. My wolf was pleased. Her sent calmed me. She was dressed in a black strapless gown, her hair curled to below her shoulders. Of course I remembered her.

"It's been 13 years but..." Emma's stopped to gasp as she could see my expression as my eyes locked on my mate, hers on mine. My heart stopped as I could feel the shift within me, making room for her... And, her only.

"Terra" I whispered. "Terra-Elizabeth" I enjoyed how it felt on my tongue. Terra was John Uta's daughter, he was the Alpha of Pack Uta. Our parents were close when we were younger, I remembered I used to tease Terra- Elizabeth all the time. On the last day of their visit I even pushed her into the pool outside the palace. Even then I liked her. I remembered it took her mom two hours to straighten her hair back out. She was so mad at me but, I found it absolutely cute.

 She was so mad at me but, I found it absolutely cute