Kailar - Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Terra's POV

Bushes

Sadly once I was able to eat I threw it back up, but settled on a apple which I was able to keep down.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Kailar held my hand leading me around the palace in which I was still unfamiliar with.

"The grand ballroom, and then the outside. We have a very large palace but unfortunately it isn't capable to host all these people, even with a guest list. So we will have most the higher ranking members inside, and the rest will be in outside."

"Is this safe? I mean it is a lot of people coming we only have so many guards."

"I have made sure to increase the amount of guards we have. No one will be allowed inside the palace unless they work for us, or is close friends. The other alphas have sent some of their own men to keep watch in various locations. You will personally have at least 10 guards with you with every step you take."

"Okay just making sure."

"Don't be worried. Just relax and enjoy the night." Kailar reassure me pulling me close to him as we made our way into the ballroom."

Everything was still as beautiful as I imagined it from our wedding reception. The layout was different though. Once, you walked down the main staircase there was a space for dancing, and the food tables were located in various sections.

"Brings back memories." Kailar smilled.

"Feels like it was just yesterday."

We walked around looking at the arrangements before we were joined by one of the workers.

"Goodmorning my king, my queen." She bowed as we gave her a single nod. "I was ordered to go over the arrangements, your mother has made."

"My mother seems to have had her hands full." Kailar responded.

"She does keep me busy." The woman smiled. "None less let me show you around."

There were rows of tables for the guest and family, and tables for the desserts and finger foods.

"You two shall be seated along with your family, and chain of command at the very head table, located on the stage of the ballroom."

"Sounds great, how's the preparation for the food going?" Kailar asked as we walked around the venue. She would make adjustment to the arrangements as we walked.

"We have not yet started the seafood hors d'oeuvres but there will be a wide selection which include prawns, caviar and creme fraiche tartlets, lobster toasts, smoked salmon rillettes, the list goes on." She read from her folder which contained a huge list of food. " As for the main menu, there are three choices; Bison steak with a fig-balsamic sauce, Braised lamb with potatoes, Crispy duck legs with toasted hazelnut and garlic sauce. Which one should I put you down for?"

"Bison please, and you love?" Kailar asked.

"Lamb for me." I smiled as she wrote it down.

"Perfect for desert we have cheesecake with strawberry roses, Meringue nest, individual rhubarb tarts, caramel pie pears, and the rest is up to the main chief cook or any changes your mother has made."

"I think that sounds really nice, but please make sure to keep strawberries away from our table." I spoke softly.

"Allergic?" She questioned.

"You can say that." Kailar spoke as I laughed, she raised an eyebrow but ventured away from any questions.

"Well then, if that is all we have other arrangements we must go to now." Kailar added.