Vol. Three Ch. Five: Who I Truly Am

~First Person~

"Well, (Y/N), you uhhh escape that facility, ey?"

"Y-Yes-"

(Y/N) stood in front of Blisk and, who now identified herself, Slone yet, all of them were in their respective Titans. It was obvious the young boy was still very much weary of the two and that only showed more when he quickly shut his hatch and pulled his Splitter Rifle up. Causing Blisk to jump as Slone instantly prepared a charged bolt from her Ion's Laser Shot.

"I-I won't go back! I won't! I'll fucking drop before I go back there!"

"I can make arrangements..."

"For the love of-! Lower your damn weapons! Kid! Lower. Your. Weapon. So far as I know, those IMC Pricks have yet to call us about you-"

On cue, a small transmission signal would begin to beep within Blisk's cockpit as (Y/N) took in a deep gulp. Slone's Laser Shot was still trained on the boy.

"Hello...? Yes...How much...? I see..."

Blisk would talk over his earpiece as he gestured over for the young Pilot to grow closer. Something the Pilot didn't do at first up until Blisk waved his hand angrily to the boy. Growing closer, Athena's hatch would open up yet again.

"The usual. Two million credits. Just ensure that he is dead and does NOT get off this planet."

"I see...No."

"What!? Blisk-!"

"Sir! This boy is worth-!"

Blisk would cut the communications line as the young Pilot seemed both confused and relieved all at once. As for Slone, she was clearly against not claiming this easy target yet, Blisk saw something within the boy. Something that warranted him to reach into his own pocket and pull out a small card holding the same logo that they wore on their chassis. Holding it out to the young boy before him, (Y/N) hesitantly reached and grabbed it as he examined the card more thoroughly.

"'Apex...Predators...?'"

"Aye. So, what ya say, kid?"

(Y/N) was taken aback by this man's generosity or perhaps it was pity? Regardless, he heard of this man before. How he used to be one of the IMC's finest yet, left...How he now owned a mercenary group that lived up to their name. As he examined the card more? It felt as though...he truly had another chance at life...

~Third Person~

Everything was dark and there was truly no good source of light in whatever room this was at. However, that soon changed when sparks blew out from a nearby corner to give small glimpses of an IMC Grunt holding a pair of jumper cables to a battery. Right beside him? None other than the woman who promised to always be there. Cinder. And she was most definitely fulfilling her goal.

However, that spark was soon met with the yells of (Y/N) through grit teeth yet, the longer the yell went on? He could no longer hold it in as the muffled yells turned into pained screams. In the center of the room, (Y/N) was chained to a chair that had two prongs pressing against his neck. These prongs had a wire that ran back to the battery the IMC Grunt was stationed at.

It wasn't too long after that the screaming stopped yet, it was followed by heavy uneven breathing that made the Pilot's suffering be known even after the i initial shock. Pun not intended. In the dark, there came the sound of heels hitting hard stone floor until a light suddenly lit up the room. A flaming ball that was held out in front of (Y/N)'s sweaty, pain-filled expression. The light would also reveal Cinder in her usual red dress that made accentuated her curvaceous form. However, the sight would make the Pilot growl out as Cinder seemed saddened.