Brave Volunteers

Disclaimer: I don't own Attack on Titan.

Previously: They witnessed Sasha's death and Connie and Eren had a fight.

A/N: Please point out the grammar and spell mistakes.

|~|

After they calmed down from the events of the last episode, they were ready to continue. Connie refused to let go of Sasha's hand. He needed that as a proof that she was still with them.

In a dark room with torches dimly lighting, Armin was sitting on the tiled ground, legs crossed as he held a shell in his hand and placed his fingers on top of it. " I doubt this is something you want to hear, but just listen."

"Who are you talking to? And where are you?" Jean asked him confused.

Armin shrugged his shoulders. "No idea."

Hange titled her head slightly as she observed the dark walls. 'Hmm.. He could be talking to Annie. We put her crystal in a dark room. But I don't know why he would though.'

He murmured, eyes looking down at the shell while he frowned. "Three years ago... Back then, we still might've been able to change something."

|~|

3 Years ago

"Finally some answers." Levi muttered as he crossed his arms in impatience.

In the dark night, the ocean was gently flowing as a Marleyan ship was making its way to Paradis Island. The Marleyan Soldier's Captain was looking through binoculars, standing near the ledge of the ship as a soldier rushed over to him. "Captain!" He stood tall when he reached the Captain. "The team that went ashore hasn't made contact for two hours!"

"Hmm." The Captain hummed, lowering the binoculars and looked over at the soldier behind him. "Prepare to send teams two and three."

The soldier saluted. "Yes, sir!" He turned around and ran off as three soldiers, who were by the Captain, looked at him when he turned back around and spoke. "This island of devils defeated the Warrior's Unit. Whatever the cost, Marley must learn what happened."

But suddenly, the ship beneath them started to tip over and got lifted in the air as the Marleyan soldiers stumbled and rolled around while letting out shrieks. The Captain was quick to hold onto the railings, shouting to everyone. "Hang on!" The captain then looked down and gasped at the sight beneath the ship. Emerging from the salty water was the Attack Titan. Eren was holding the ship with both hands and having it rest on his back.

Hange's eyes widened at the sight of Eren carrying a whole ship. "Do you see that?! I know he was able to carry this big boulder, but this must have weight more than that. Eren, I want to experiment with you how you strong your Titan really is!"

He was taken aback for a short moment but agreed. "Ehm, yeah sure. I guess."

"Yes!" She wrote ideas down for the experiments, with a big smile on her face.

"I-It's a devil!" The captain gawked at the Titan until it began its way to the land. Once there, he dropped the ship on the ground with no hesitation as the ship shook from the impact and knocking the Marleyan soldiers on the ground.

Eren just remained standing behind the ship, while Hange, who was wearing the original Scout uniform, was rushing her way over and waving her left arm in the air. "Hello friends from Marley!" She shouted, propping a foot on the cliff and held her arms out. "Welcome to Paradis Island!"

"It's nice to see, that you haven't changed a bit." Petra said smiling at her.

Erwin nodded. "If you wouldn't have your happy attitude anymore, I would be worried."