Sole Salvation

Disclaimer: I don't own Attack on Titan.

Previously: Eren tried to kill himself and he saw his future-self standing in the room.

A/N: Please point out the grammar and spell mistakes.

|~|

Eren stared at his hands as he thought about the words that his future-self told him. 'I don't know what I could mean by that..' He furrowed his brows in a deep thought. 'My behavior changed after I touched Historia's hand.... If I touched her hand now, I could see what he saw and the reason why I am acting like this now.....'

Armin looked at him worried. "Eren, are you okay? You're a little pale."

Eren snapped his head up and looked at him. "Hm? Yeah, I'm alright. Just thinking about the next episode. I don't think I will like what we're about to see."

Armin nodded in agreement. "Yeah, me too." He looked down at his hands. 'You had something else on your mind, didn't you, Eren?' He thought to himself.

Mikasa, who heard this, furrowed slightly her brows and sighed quietly.

After a few more minutes, they decided to continue.

|~|

On the screen a City was shown with many houses and a wall separating it from the other houses. Two People were standing on top of the tower. 

Grisha's voice is heard, he sounds a bit younger, "Take a good look Zeke. That's Liberio, where we live."

"Compared to the world, it's like a tiny birdcage." A Younger Grisha was standing next to Dina with a young Zeke in his hands. "Since we can't leave, we have to live here till we die."

Eren's eyebrow twitched slightly at Grisha's words. 'They are kept in there in a cage like we were... No freedom...'

"Zeke wouldn't you like to leave?" A closer view of Zeke was shown as Grisha speaks. "Yeah I would." answers Zeke. He abruptly looks to the side.

A man came out of the door, "Oh what's this? We hardly ever get visitors this early." He smiled at them, "I'll come back later."

"It's okay. We're on our way out.", said Grisha. He looked uncomfortable. The Janitor got an intense look in his eyes and noticed the yellow armband Grisha was wearing.

The man looked annoyed and angry, "Oh Eldians?" he splashed the water in his bucket on the family. Zeke looked terrified.

"Come on!!! That was unnecessary!" Connie complained angrily.

"What did you expect?" Jean asked him with crossed arms. "That's how it is..." He furrowed his brows.

Grisha spoke angrily, "Wh-what?! We got permission to leave the walls!"

"It's my job to clean the tower and get rid of the trash.", said the man. "You came in and defiled it, you devils!"

Dina looked dejected, Zeke looked afraid while Grisha just looked angry. The man continued angrily, "Your kind slaughtered countless lives! Yet here you are pumping out more kids?!"

Eren clenched his fists as he glared at the man. 'And now you're doing the same thing to us....you Marleyans are bastards...'

The others didn't feel any different. Anger were clearly written on their faces.

Historia looked down at her stomach as she thought about her future-self who was pregnant right now.

|~|