A Sound Argument

Disclaimer: I don't own Attack on Titan

Previously: They finally got answers what happened 3 years ago.

A/N: Please point out the grammar and spell mistakes.

|~|

In the cell, Eren was still staring at himself in the mirror. "Fight! Fight!" He narrowed his eyes and repeated that word over and over again until a voice cut him off. It was Hange, who was standing in front of his cell.

"What are you doing?"

Sasha jumped and accidently hit Connie in his face with her elbow.

"Ow!"

"Sorry, she came out of nowhere."

Eren looked away from the mirror and eyed her from the corner of his eyes, his eyebrows furrowed. "Were you just saying 'Fight, Fight,' to the mirror just now?" she asked, raising an eyebrow while Eren stared at her before he looked back at his reflection. "Hey, you said, 'Fight, Fight,' didn't you?" she continued while Eren remained silent.

"By 'Fight, Fight,' what are you saying?"

"If you're saying, 'Fight, Fight,' does that mean there are two fights?"

"Eh, what?"

"Hange, you're confusing me." Petra told her while she rubbed her forehead.

Hange titled her head. "I'm confused of myself."

Eren's eyebrow twitched in annoyance but he kept quiet. Hange stared at him and when she got no response, she started talking again. "Keeping quiet isn't helping. Normally, people don't talk to themselves like that." She furrowed her brows, frowned, and looked over at the mirror. "I know I've never talked to myself in the mirror before."

Levi raised an eyebrow at that. "You're sure? It's hard to believe."

Erwin chuckled.

She elbowed him in his side without looking at him.

She turned her head back to Eren. "I find that hairstyle looks good on you." A small smile was on her face as she talked. She pretended to mess with her hair. "It looks unkempt, but it's as if you tried your best to make it look that way."

"What are you here for?!" he suddenly yelled at her, annoyance clearly laced in his voice. Hange flinched slightly at the sudden outburst. Her hands fell down at her side as she answered him.

" 'What', you ask? Well, I'm here to talk. We spent all night talking about Titans the first time we met, didn't we? You stayed quiet and listened through all my story. I always knew. That you wouldn't sacrifice Historia."

Ymir tensed. She clenched her fists and glared at Eren from the corner of her eyes. 'You better not, Yeager.'

|~|

2 Years ago

The port in Paradis Island was finally finished. The Scouts were standing in front of the Marleyans, who wore black suits and the Scouts wore their green jackets. Yelena looked at Eren and smiled at him. "Eren, I haven't seen you since you lifted our ship a whole year ago." She held her right arm out. "I'm honored to work with you."

Levi narrowed his eyes at her and made his way to Eren and stood in front of him while Hange and Mikasa stood by him.

Hange laughed at the height difference between Levi and the others behind him.

Levi, who didn't seem to find it funny, glared at her. "Shut up."

"But look how small you are, compared to the ones who are behind you."