Memories of the Future

Disclaimer: I don't own Attack on Titan.

Previously: Falco ate Porco and Eren's head flew into the air.

A/N: Please point out the grammar and spell mistakes. Thank you to @AtreusTheGreat, for writing the transcript.

|~|

A bird was flying in circles above Shiganshina District. A baby hand reached up into the air, the lone baby eye looking at the ceiling. A small baby in a yellow singlet, with brown hair and green eyes, crawled on the crib of the house.

"Aw. Look at little baby Eren. So adorable!" Hange cooed.

Eren blushed in embarrassment and looked down.

Mikasa smiled with fondness in her eyes. 'Cute.'

Jean smiled in Eren's direction in a teasing manner. "Ah, come on, Eren. It's nothing to be ashamed of."

Eren glared at him.

Grisha slowly picked it up in his arms and cradled it while Carla was looking at them with a smile. The baby began to cry and Grisha grew nervous, not knowing how to calm it down. So Carla took the baby from her husband and embraced him, and their baby stopped crying.

Behind them, Zeke and Eren were looking at them.

"That looks a bit strange..." Connie muttered. "Imagine... if someone of them could see them suddenly..."

Future-Eren looked down at Connie and furrowed his brows. "Can he actually see in the future?"

Maria looked at him. "No, that would be new to me."

"It's strange how accurate he is."

Maria shrugged her shoulders.

"These are... Dad's memories." Eren quietly said.

"He sure looks happy." Zeke commented. Grisha cradled Eren, who giggled at the scene. "For someone who cast his previous family and friends into hell, that is." Zeke murmured with slight annoyance.

"Why show me this?" Eren asked.

"So that you understand: How Grisha Yeager brainwashed and planted the seeds of nationalism in you," Zeke replied. "I'll show you as much as it takes."

Eren rolled his eyes in annoyance. "When will he realize that my Dad didn't do anything?"

"Soon." Mikasa said. "If they watch all of his memories, then he has to realize that Grisha didn't do anything."

Armin nodded in agreement. "I wonder how far they watch his memories."

"I hope not until Eren got his Titan." Historia said.

Eren's eyes widened slightly. "I would rather not see it."

"You're not the only one." Ymir mumbled.

Grisha took his baby son again in his hands, as he pulled his dad's face, while Carla laughed at it. Eren stared at his mother with a blank face.

Zeke walked up to the door and opened it. He turned to Grisha. "Must be nice, Grisha..." Eren turned to Zeke. "Here, you can leave out a happy life without anyone to chastise you for forgetting your first family..." Eren looked back at his parents. "Even if you forget about the son you already had." Zeke left the room. "Let's go."

Carla and Grisha were looking at their son's sleeping face with a smile. Eren walked up to the door and stopped. He glanced at them one last time with a sad smile.