Haikyuu!! Tobio's Girl. Chapter 5

Reina looked at her phone to check, once again, how to get to Kageyama's house from the bus stop. This must be it. There's no other option. She had already gone twice around the neighborhood. She rang the bell. A beautiful young woman opened the door.

"Good afternoon. How can I help you?"

"Good afternoon. Is this Kageyama's residence?"

"Yes... Oh, are you Tobio's classmate? I never expected a girl. Come on in."

Reina stumbled inside after the older girl. Who is this person?

"By the way, I'm Miwa. I'm Tobio's big sis. Nice to meet you."

"Oh, nice to meet you. I'm Takenaka Reina." When she looked at Miwa again, she saw a striking resemblance to Kageyama. They had the same eyes. And yet, they were completely different. While Kageyama was either intense or disinterested, Miwa gave off a cool and confident vibe.

"Sorry to intrude on your little date. I mean, your studying, hahaha. I just came from Tokyo for the weekend." Miwa gave her a scrutinizing look. Reina suddenly felt self-conscious. She did pay a lot of attention to how she dressed, but it was not for Kageyama's sake. She just wanted to wear some pretty clothes she'd bought. That's why she put on that dress. It was a hot, sunny day after all.

"Em... Where's Kageyama-kun anyway?"

"He's upstairs. You can go to him—the second room on the left. I'll bring you two some tea in a moment. Aww, studying together, that brings back some high school memories."

Reina was grateful to escape Miwa's comments. She quickly found Kageyama's room, but he was not in it. She looked around. Seeing all his things: his uniform, manga, school books, and random clutter, she suddenly realized it was the first time she was in a room of a boy her age.

Wait, how did it happen?!

She started to panic. She didn't think of it while making plans with Kageyama. Being alone with a boy is something that she might have fantasized about but was not yet ready for. Not at this moment, at least. She was barely capable of speaking to boys at school.

But it's Kageyama. He's just my classmate. I'm here to study. Stop thinking stupid things!

She sat at the desk and took out her notes.

"Oh, Takenaka-san. You're here already." Kageyama entered the room.

Reina turned to him and froze still. He was standing at the door shirtless, with a wet towel on his shoulders.

She kept staring at him, unable to utter a word, as he approached her.

"Um... Can I get my shirt?" he asked.

She noticed his t-shirt hanging on the chair she was sitting on. She moved so he could get it.

"Kageyama, you look strong," she blurted out and immediately turned red.

"Huh?" He was fully dressed now.

"Oh, nothing," she said. She hoped he didn't hear her before.

He was looking at her in silence.

"So... did you solve those problems from the textbook?" Reina asked, trying to move on.

"Oh, right. I had them somewhere here...."

They started to study. Reina explained what she could with examples from volleyball. She stayed up late last night to figure it out. Then she began to explain other things. Kageyama didn't have any problems with science now.

"Ok, this covers it. Is there anything else that you don't understand? I think I can help with English the most," she said.

Kageyama's enthusiasm flopped immediately.