Haikyuu!! Tobio's Girl 15

Reina couldn't quite believe it. She was walking home from school with Kageyama. On a weekday.

After all the tournaments finished, Coach Ukai decided that they needed to keep practice shorter for a while to regenerate after a tough competition. It wasn't that easy to do with Karasuno, so every afternoon, after 1,5 hours of training, he shut the gym, took the key, and yelled at them to go home. It was also so they could prepare for the final exams. All that tournament frenzy made them terribly behind in school.

That's why Tobio was now going with Reina to her house. To study together. Well, it's not a date. But at least we can spend some time with each other outside of school. It wasn't something that happened very often. Reina looked at Tobio with a smile, but she noticed he seemed slightly nervous.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Well, I just realized that I never been to your house before, and I never met your family."

Reina was surprised. Kageyama didn't seem like the type to worry about such things.

"Don't worry. Mum's staying at the coast now, for work. And my brother rarely comes here during the week. So only grandma is at home."

"Osu."

Soon they reached her house. Kageyama followed her inside cautiously. They went to see her grandmother in the kitchen.

"Grandma, I'm home."

"Good afternoon," Kageyama said.

"Welcome home. Did you bring a friend?"

"Yes, this is—" Reina started talking, but her grandma interrupted.

" Well, aren't you Tobio, Kageyama-san grandson?"

" That's correct," Kageyama admitted, surprised.

" How big and handsome you have grown. I remember you being a tiny adorable child, 3-years-old maybe, that would come to our practices at municipal volleyball team."

"Osu. Thank you" Kageyama seemed shocked.

"Did you play volleyball, grandma? I didn't know." Reina asked.

"Oh, it was years ago. When I was feeling better. And it was only a municipal 9-person team, made of older ladies. So you two go to the same school?"

"Yes. Actually, we've come here to study for the exams, so we will just go to my room...." Reina tried to sneak out upstairs.

"Hmm, I remember your parents studying together all the time when they were your age," her grandma said with a cunning expression. They both avoided her scrutinizing gaze. "But you must eat dinner first. Reina, come and help to set the table."

Reina followed her obediently. She would rather spend the precious little time they had alone with Kageyama, but she didn't have the heart to deny him food. She sat quietly at dinner, observing with disbelief how taken with Tobio her grandma was.

"Take more, my boy. It's nice to see young people eat well. Our Reina eats like a little bird."

"Grandma!"

"It's true, she does. But I can see where she gets her cooking skills from. Thank you for the meal. It was delicious." Kageyama could be surprisingly well-mannered at times.

"You're welcome. Do you want some tea now?"

"Grandma, can we go drink it upstairs? We do need to study." Reina asked.

"Alright, alright, I'll let you young folks go." Her grandma said with a smile.

Reina quickly led Kageyama to her room.