Haikyuu!! Tobio's Girl Chapter 13

"Yes, this outfit might be the best so far. However, you haven't yet tried all of the clothes in your closet," Haruo, Reina's older brother was having a blast observing her excited preparations.

"Oh, just shut up!" Reina checked herself in the mirror one last time and rushed to the door. It was late, but she still should make it right on time.

"I'm leaving now." She said to her brother.

"Have fun, I guess," he wished her unwillingly. "But behave yourself. High school boys can be such dogs. Remember you can always call me-"

"Oh, not every guy is a womanizer like you. See you later."

She briskly took off to the station, but she was stopped in her tracks by her phone ringing.

She checked. It was Kageyama. Oh no, what if he wants to cancel... She answered it anxiously.

"Reina, forgive me. I'm really, really sorry. But I lost track of time in the gym, and I only got home now. I don't think I'll get to the station on time. Can we still go if we catch the next train?"

He didn't cancel, at least. And she sort of liked that reckless, anxious tone. Usually, he seemed so formal.

"It should be fine if we go with the next one. It comes in 35 minutes."

"Ok. If you're on your way already, you can stop by my house, and we can go together. I don't want you to wait alone in the cold. Again, I'm so sorry."

It made sense. It was a bit chilly. Reina changed direction, and in 10 minutes, she was at his house.

His sister opened the door, again. But this time she was with a suitcase and ready to leave.

"Hello, Reina-chan." Miwa welcomed her with a wide smile. "Tobio, Reina-chan is here already!" she called into the house.

"Oh, that boy... He should be picking you up, not the other way around. But Tobio is Tobio, so please forgive him. So you guys are going to see the illuminations?"

"Well, that's the plan," Reina answered excitedly.

"Nice. Oh, if you two still have time, you can eat some of the birthday cake Mom bought. It's in the kitchen, so help yourself. As you can see, I'm about to leave. Mum and Dad had some emergency at the company, so they had to go there."

A car parked outside the house.

"That's my ride. And where's Tobio? Honestly, I don't know where's his head at today. I even had to make him change, or he would go out with you in his tracksuit. But the last time I saw him, he was ready and waiting in the living room. Anyway, I need to go. Have a nice evening. Bye, bye," she said with a wink and was gone.

The house became quiet.

"Kageyama, are you there?" she called.

No response. She took off her shoes and went into the living room.

He was there alright. Sitting on a couch, all ready to go. It was the first time she'd seen him in casual clothes. He, or probably Miwa, had good taste.

The only problem was that he was asleep.

"Tobio?" she tried calling him softly.

"Tobio... Kageyama! Wake up!" Still nothing.

Ok, so let's try it his way. She touched his face hesitantly. He mumbled something and turned his head to the side. He furrowed his brow but didn't wake up.

Resigned, she flopped onto an armchair and checked the time. And what was she supposed to do with him now? They had to leave in 5 minutes. To make it on time, she would have to shake him or shout at him and drag him to the station. She didn't want to do that. She knew he was exhausted, pushing himself the hardest to prepare for nationals. She worried she might get him sick if she treated him that way.