𝟑. 𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒

Early in the morning, Veeranshu woke up and got down from the bed. His eyes again traveled around his bedroom and this time, decoration annoyed him, he strictly warned his mom and bhabhi not to do these things but they won't listen to him.

He saw her sleeping on the couch, her gorgeous face was not visible to him, as it was covered with her hairs.

He saw her shivering in the cold, AC was on and her body wasn't even covered with any sheet. Tho he didn't want to bother himself but... He went into the closet and brought a duvet, he covered her with a duvet and increase AC temperature.

Now he has no more time to waste.

He took shower and got ready. He had to check every detail of today's meeting hence he left towards study room.

Sometimes later, Vamika woke up. She opens her eyes to discover herself covered with a duvet, she wondered for a moment who did this.

Veered towards the bed and saw him missing.

Her husband wasn't on the bed.

Did he already left for the office, this early?

Wait... Did he put a duvet over her?

A smile covered her lips as she realized, not much but at least he cared a little for her.

But was this single act was enough to raise hope in her heart again?

No!

She can't give herself any false hope.

She sighs to the reality.

Getting down from the couch, she folds the duvet and kept it back in the closet, and the next thing she did was to turn off AC.

Even when he increased temperature yet it was still too cold for her.

"Good morning Vamika" She heard the cheerful voice of her mother-in-law.

Vamika smiled a little and wishes back "Good Morning aunty"

"Mom, mommy or mamma... Call me anything you like but not aunty, okay?" Neelam said, smiling at her daughter-in-law.

"Can I call you maa?" Vamika asked, in a baby innocent voice.

Chuckling at her daughter-in-law's innocence she said "Of course, call me whatever you like. And I'm your mother only, don't think that I'm going to be a typical Indian saas to you. You're my daughter and daughter is the princess of the house, so as you are. Anaya, Vaanya and now you, you all three are equal to me. And I love my three daughters so much." Neelam said, patting Vamika's cheek lovingly.

Finally, she got someone who was talking with her lovingly and calmly.

She couldn't control herself, her eyes gets teary. She was an extremely emotional person, for the first time she was experiencing motherly love and affection.

"Why are you crying? Did Veer said something to you?" Neelam asked, wiping her tears

She nodded, negatively.

"I was just missing my maa papa, and then your words made me emotional. Maa, can I hug you?" Vamika asked, innocently.

Neelam gave her a Why-are-you-innocent look, "Kids don't need to ask for hugging their mother, come here!" Neelam said, and she hugged her mother-in-law.

"I'm your mother, you don't need to hesitate ever in front of me.." Neelam said, rubbing her back lovingly. Neelam's soothing words somehow calmed Vamika. Finally, she had someone by her side.