𝟐𝟔. 𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐒

A few more days passed, and things didn't change between the couple but at least their mind wasn't roaming around that horrible night a year back.

Vamika even tried to approach Veeranshu but he hesitated, after whatever happened he didn't want to hurt his innocent wife anymore but she took it wrong. Because of his reaction, Vamika made up her mind that Veeranshu is still upset and doesn't want to trust her anymore.

The couple pretended to be normal in front of the kids but except them, all family members knew that things are still not sorted between the younger couple of the Randhawa house.

One fine evening, Vamika was getting ready. It was an anniversary party of Veeranshu's friend, Sumit and they were invited. She didn't want to go but Sumit personally called her and convinced her to come as it's a long since a couple came together at any party.

Unwillingly Vamika had to agree.

She was fading up from acting in front of all.

What's the use of showing off when there is nothing like before?

For the following party, she wore a navy blue net embellished saree with a matching sleeveless blouse. She was in the closet struggling to hook the blouse while Veeranshu who was ready wearing navy blue suit was waiting outside down in the living room got tired of waiting for his wife and decided to check on her.

Walking upstairs, he walked back into their bedroom but it was all empty.

She must be in the closet.

He thought.

He walked towards the closet and slides the door, Vamika who's back was facing the door and trying to hook her blouse got scared for a moment, she immediately turned around with a jerk just to find her husband standing.

"You just scared me!" She said, complaining.

"You always get when you know no one can dare to enter our room... That too in closet, never!" he said, while his eyes scanned his freaking gorgeous wife. A smile broke his lips as he continued to admire her, she knew he was staring at her.

"At least knock before entering." she said

"Ohh really? I thought I'm your husband so I can, you won't mind." he said

She gazed at him.

"C'mon, you're behaving like I have never seen you..." he said, smirking at her.

This smirk!

That's more dangerous.

She thought.

"You wait for five more minutes..." she said, while her hands were still busy hooking her blouse but couldn't as her husband's intense gaze was making her nervous.

Those gazes!

"You want me to help you?" he asked

She looked another side immediately while her hands were still busy "No, I can manage." she replied

"We're running late..." he said

"Two more minutes..." she replied

"You stated the same an hour back when I got ready and went down." he taunts, smirking at her.

She rolled her eyes, with an irritated expression.

He smiled and finally walked inside, close to her. "You're behaving like I haven't helped you before like this... Let me!" he said, she stayed mum while he hooked her blouse.