Honorable Favors - Krista x Male!Reader

"A-aaah—"

Krista plugs her nostrils as she waited for yet another sneeze. You stood afar, spectating as her mouth hanged open, her blue eyes doing their best to maintain open.

"It's not coming is it?" You asked, finally stepping closer and taking a seat on her bead.

A pile of crunched and used tissues sat on top of her bedside table, since her trash was already overflowing with even more paper. You looked at the blonde and petite girl, a small smile spreading across your cheeks, a smile filled with nothing but utter concern for your friend.

"I-I'm so sorry y/n..."

"Don't apologize," You said, shifting closer to hear and pushing a few locks of her hair behind her ear. You continued playing with it, its soft and light sensation shooting pleasure up your fingertips.

"But I should. After all, we could be currently at our senior prom if it wasn't for my stupid cold." Krista sat up, grabbing your hand and intertwining her fingers between yours. You squeezed them, startled by how frigid they were.

The night couldn't get more quiet, there was absolutely nothing that could disturb the silence. Not even the usual drunkards that wandered throughout the lonely streets. Not even the night bugs dared to sing that night. Nothing could be hear, excepts Krista's heavy breathing.

Until a vigorous beeping echoed through the hallway.

"What was that?" She starts sitting up, but you push her shoulders deeper under the covers.

"Don't worry, just stay there!" You exclaim, hopping off the bed and jogging down to the kitchen.

The microwave beeped once again before you opened it and took a steamy bowl out. Immediately, the scent of cooked chicken and boiled vegetables filled the air. You placed the bowl and silverware on a tray, together with a cup of sweet tea.

Hopefully, this porridge would be enough for her sore throat.

"Y/n?" She calls out.

"Coming." You enter her hot bedroom. Her eyes rapidly widen in curiosity.

"Is this for me?" She asks, sitting up with a glint in her drowsy eyes.

"Grandma sent me some broth, it helped me a lot." You glimpsed towards her, only to find her smiling kindly at you. Your cheeks immediately flustered as you pired your eyes off.

Her blond hair cascaded down her neck as she put the tray on her lap, and began eating the soup with eyes filled with zeal. She slowly sipped, strands of hair sticking to her lips.

"Stupid, aggravating hair!" She retorted.

You chuckled, taking the spoon off her fingers and filling it with broth. With your trembling hand, you lifted the metal silverware up her dry lips. Krista's cheeks couldn't become any hotter and so couldn't your body temperature. Little drops of sweat began forming at the corners of your forehead.

"Y-you're perspiring..." She mumbles.

With the spoon still held up, you glance away in embarrassment, "S-stop teasing me."

A light pressure pushes down the spoon and you notice the spoon is now empty. An incredulous look overwhelms your face as you blankly stare at her, observing her reaction.

She gulps, staring back at you, "Yummy."

"Really?"

Krista laughs, nodding thoroughly.

•••

After finishing the bowl of soup, you take the utensils back to the kitchen before heading back. You stumble down the mattress with a long sigh. Fortunately Krista's throat was gradually getting better and clearer.

"Aren't you tired?" She asks, playing with your hair as you laid down her lap.

"Not really,"

"Then can you do me a favor?"

"Hm, sure thing." You lift yourself, sitting across Krista, "What is it?"

She hangs her head low, her fingers constantly fidgeting. You can feel her uneasiness from far as she struggles to even speak, "Dance with me?" Her lips whisper, barely audible even in this dead silence. But you heard it, loud and clear.

And that simple request was enough to send all your blood rushing to your face, "N-now?"

"Yes now. We should be dancing, right?" She says, kicking her covers aside and holding your hands.

"I guess. Prom won't end until a few hours." You feel her squeeze your palms in delight, before Krista jumps off the bed and walks to her antique radio, that sat on her drawer. From under her bed, she grabbed a fist full of disks, all from various artists and genres.

"I received all of these from Ymir," She says, skipping through them in search of a specific one, "Ah! Here it is."

You stand up, a little lost and uncoordinated, not quite sure as to why you assented to this. Krista should be in bed, not dancing.

Before you could even argue, a mellow melody resonates through the speakers. Soon enough, small and weary hands settle on your shoulders. The music helps you sort out your anxiety as you place both hands on her little waist.

"This is a nice song," You state, not daring to look Krista straight in the eyes.

"Yep. It is,"

Both of you sway to the calming music with her head leaning on your chest, making you stiff in fear of Krista being able to hear your thundering heartbeat. Even if she is indeed listening to it, she doesn't seem to mind at all.

Her room's soft rug massages your feet as they shuffle slowly, leading Krista's wherever you go. The rug, Krista's touch, and embrace... it all sends you to the deepest tranquility. And that's when you assure yourself this is a gazillion times better than senior prom.

You look downwards, meeting Krista's innocent and immaculate eyes. The way her nose was redder, or the way her messy hair fell across her eyes, it only made her physique harder to handle. She also looked up, a grin plastering her face.

"What is it?" You ask.

"You're so handsome," She answers, chuckling all the while.

That was enough to make you lean forward and steal a kiss from her.

•••

"Good morning," Ymir greets Krista and you, as you enter the class, "Pity both of you didn't make it to prom."

Krista bites her lips, "Not really, right y/n?"

And you? You nod, before sneezing.

+++

It's official! I finished my first male!reader, cheers to me lol. BTW, I put a little song to accompany this chapter ^_^

I'm sorry if this seemed a little cliche, but I hope you enjoyed this request!

Coming up next... I don't know :P