Part 1-Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining

Horussun Mashburn sat on his bed contemplating what happened months ago. He went from being married to a manipulative and vile individual to meeting someone who he felt was his true love. Now, he was beginning to have doubts. Laying down on his bed then turning away from the window. That same window which had the mosaic sticker of two hands praying. A gift that was given to him by the girl on his mind. Horussun sighed and tried not to think. Avoid any thought, he kept saying to himself.

How could he when what he believed was the best thing in his life might not be so. He began to think back to the day when the authorities came to the house he once shared with his ex.

***

Weeks earlier...

Horussun answered the door and saw two officers standing in front of him. Along with a lady wearing a suit and dress pants. "Sir, we have a warrant for your wife's arrest." The officer handed him the proof and he read it carefully.

"Is she home?" The other officer asked.

The lady in the suit walked up the front porch.

"I am a case worker who helps people in troubled conditions such as your wife."

Horussun knew that this day would come. Having been married to her for so long, it felt like the end was inevitable. All the marriage had been about was money and ego. Sure, she did have some talents, however the shameful motivations were still there. Furthermore, controlling EVERY area of his life was even more infuriating. When she began to act unstable and even get involved in illegal activity, it WAS time to move on.

"Come in." He told them as he moved aside from the threshold.

Horussun still remembered when the officers came into the kitchen and his ex began to curse at them. Ignoring the Miranda rights and even threatening to stab them with a nearby kitchen knife. The case worker thankfully managed to claim her down and said that it was only making matters worse. Plus that there was no getting out of an illegal situation that had enough evidence to prove.

Horussun walked into the kitchen and looked directly into his ex's eyes.

"I have told you many times that you need help. If it takes harassing a small family and getting involved in anything to purchase substance-."

She tried to attack him but the officers drew their weapons.

"Miss, please calm down!" One of them ordered.

The case worker looked on in pity.

"Please don't make this worse than it already is." She told her.

After ten seconds she began to calm down and willingly surrender to the officers.

Everyone left the house, leaving Horussun alone in the kitchen. He poured himself a glass of water and went to sit in the living room recliner.

Letting out a long breath of fresh air after what just happened. His nightmare was over.

Horussun heard the phone ring and answered it.

"Hello?"

It was his longtime friend and confidant Mitchell who lived only a block away.

"Hi, I was coming from the store and saw what happened. Do you need anything?" He asked, concerned.

Horussun tried to sound jovial.

"Just bring the usual Southern beverage bro."

Mitchell Thomas came and hugged his friend and they shared a few sips of their favorite beverage together. After having drink number three Horussun started to reflect on his life.

A homme who was born the same year 'Grease' was released in theaters. Dark hair, cut not too short with ocean colored eyes. A jawline very sharp with a goofy smile. Secretly had a bit of work done but was still handsome. Once a narcissist but converted and eventually reformed. A CEO of a company that helped design vehicles such as Chevrolet. Helped promote regenerative agriculture while being featured in the new Chevrolet TV commercial. Even graced magazines like Nobleman and People. Many ladies were attracted to him and wouldn't control themselves in his presence.

His marriage had only been a scam and he suspected it. No honesty and transparency, one-sided and deceptive. Perhaps the events of today were a sign to remain single and focus on his business. He was letting his mind get carried away, all of which Mitchell knew so well.

"Mitch, do you think it's time I start dating?" He asked his buddy.

Mitchell was a few years younger than Hourssun and was very caring and supportive. Light brown hair and matching colored eyes. He worked with animal rescue agencies and even helped with remodeling some, which was his job as an architect. Their relationship was a brotherly one and he couldn't agree more.

"Have you even signed the divorce papers yet?" He asked, wonderingly.

"On my end but waiting to hear back from the case worker to know if it's complete."

Mitchell knew how spontaneous his friend could be at times. Finding true love was his main goal in life.

"Well, some seminars are taking place in a couple of days. It's like a spirituality and wellness sort of theme." 

Like  a flicker of fire lit up in his soul Horussun quickly took out his cellphone, almost knocking over his three bottle.

"What are doing?" Mitchell asked confused after catching the bottle.

"Cancelling and rescheduling any appointments I have planned for the rest of the week." He said while scrolling through his cellphone calendar.

"Why so suddenly Oh mighty Horus?" Mitchell joked while using the real name he was given at birth.

"We're going to the event and I'm gonna find my true love."

Horussun smiled than looked out the window. The clouds were already starting to reveal a bright sunny day.