Part 13-Gotcha!

Traton searched frantically for Horussun. He has to be here, kept repeating in his head. The other agents stood staring at him.

"Don't just stand around! Keep looking for him!" He ordered.

Some searched outside and while others checked for clues. Despite already knowing that Horussun wasn't obviously there. Traton profoundly refused to believe that he wasn't still on the hotel grounds. He sent a general command from his Bluetooth headset.

"Search for clues!" He instructed.

No discarded piece of clothing nor personal item had been left behind.

One agent came carrying something in their hand.

"All that we found was this VHS tape."

Traton took hold of the tape. It's label is called Play Me. Surprised, he quickly went to the dining area in search of a VCR. Fortunately, the dining area had a VCR and DVD combo player along with the flat screen TV.

He popped it in and waited for the picture after five seconds. His mouth dropped open the moment he saw what was shown. Horussun was still doing his tell-all interview. Now talking about what was happening currently in his company. Mitchell and him were then shown laughing and touching each other fist knuckles. Then the interviewer announced that their time together was over.

"This makes no sense!" Traton said, in complete disbelief.

Suddenly the screen went broken again. He was about to grab something to slam the TV screen when something appeared. Horussun was sitting down in a chair with his legs crossed and smiling mischievously.

"Well, I think that best wraps up my tell-all. Wouldn't you say Traton?"

Traton turned white as a ghost hearing his name.

"You see Traton, this interview did happen. But it was pre-recorded three hours earlier." Horussun explained in the video.

Traton watched as he held up another tape in his hand.

"This tape here is of the same interview. What you are seeing now is an unedited version that I requested be left behind."

Traton couldn't fathom how this all made sense.

"You see, I knew that if Hathora couldn't get the information you needed. I thought it was high time I took matters in my own hands."

Horussun went to the kitchenette area and poured himself a glass of red wine.

"I had scheduled a meeting with one of the major network anchors to take place at the hotel. But I wanted the interview to be pre-recorded three hours ahead."

Horussun sippd his wine then began laughing.

"You must be thinking why I did this by now, aren't you?"

Traton swore under his breath while he watched the video.

"If this interview was pre-recorded and aired three hour later. You were sure to have seen it and come to apprehend me."

Traton balled his fists and was within seconds of destroying the TV screen when one of the agents stopped him.

"I had to be one step ahead of you. That way I could find out where Hathora was being held."

This time panic rose inside Traton.

"You really never thought about throwing out that Google map nor note which the secret headquarters location on it?"

Why didn't I think of that, the unamused agent thought.

"Well, I better finish this video before you get arrested. P.S. Hathora I doubt will be working for you after today."

The television screen turned to snow seconds later. With pure rage Traton grabbed a nearby telephone and threw it at the TV. He'd underestimated how cunning and smart Horussun Mashburn really was.

Suddenly a squad of law officials came and started to seize and handcuff a few agents. With no time to lose Traton dodge one officer and begin to run out the hotel room. He headed down the stairs and out the building towards the front entrance. Quickly starting up the engine and muttering for it to start.

With moments he sped away and just as the officers had reached outside. Traton drove recklessly, almost causing a collision between another vehicle in the opposite direction. Going through his mind was the same subject. How Horussun had outsmarted him. How he alluded to his capture. Not to mention figured out where the secret location of Hathora hostage was.

When he returned to the headquarters, more dread ran up his spine. The main entrance had been broken open.

He quickly headed towards the surveillance room and found the two operators tied up.

"What happened?" He asked one of them.

One of the operators began to speak after Traton began to untie the ropes.

"Two men broke in, attacked us and tied us up. The agent Hathora was with them."

On the dashboard there was another video tape. It could only mean one thing.

Quickly he popped it inside the dashboard's VHS player and the video began. Whatever was to be shown he wasn't looking forward to it.