Part 6-Homemade Dinner, Past and Living Room

Horussun went all out for the dinner he was going to have with Hathora. He purchased a ten pound bag of potatoes, two large cans of chickpeas, two large cartons of milk and four sealed filet of sliced boneless salmon portions. He went home carrying all the food and called Mitchell over to help with the marination. Mitchell brought some black pepper, chilly flakes, cumin, and paprika. The friend looked at all the food and how busy Horussun was.

"You really are invested in this dinner." Mitch commented.

He started to mix the spices with olive oil. Horussun began to pour two pots full of water, one for the potatoes and the other for the chickpeas and three cups of rice.

"I have to, if she's gonna be in my bed tonight."

Mitchell dropped his spoon.

"On the second date?" He exclaimed

Horussun laughed.

"Actually, we walked to the park yesterday evening and had strawberries. Technically it was a mini date we had. Tonight's the third." He corrected Mitchell.

"Well, I just hope she doesn't get scared and runs off." Mitchell concluded after she dipped the first salmon into the container of oiled spices.

"I think she needs someone Mitch. She's a God fearing girl and you already know she doesn't throw herself at me."

He handed Mitchell the second portion of salmon.

"Does she really tease you?"

"She does and I think she knows that I want to pleasure her badly."

Mitchell pondered on the topic after he placed the third and fourth salmon portions in the container to be marinated.

"She seems too good to be true." He said coming from the fridge.

"Had I not gone to that event, I wouldn't be making this dinner."

Horussun took a short pause to look out the dining room window towards Hathora's place.

After ninety minutes everything was ready for dinner. The rice and chickpeas were cooked to perfection. The mashed potatoes made of even amounts of milk, margarine and served for two. The salmon portions all had an array of various spices and smelled delicious.

Horussun thanked and hugged Mitchell just before he left from the back door in the kitchen.

He looked at the wall clock and it was only twenty five minutes until seven o'clock. Horussun dashed upstairs to put on something more elegant for the dinner. He picked out the perfect suit, then stopped.

This was his home, not a restaurant nor was it a business dinner. He didn't need to look all professional. Something decent and preferably not over the top would do just fine.

He took out a black leather jacket with matching t-shirt and jeans. Looking back at his reflection in the mirror he looked like a bad boy. His dark hair combed slightly. His face was cleaned and his shoes polished. It actually was a look he found very dashing. Because of his work, he wasn't able to wear such an attire often.

Maybe he could now that his life was turning around. The doorbell rang and he hurried from his bedroom to answer it. Stay cool, he kept repeating in his head. He opened the door and the look of awestruck spread across his face.

Hathora was wearing a long white dress that was held with a gold centrepiece. She literally resembled the Egyptian Goddess she obviously got the majority of her name from. She smiled while holding a clutch bag.