Part 3-Falling into My Lap

The event went on for the next thirty minutes. Traton went from person to person and they all manifested for what they wanted. After those ninety minutes Traton went back to the stage."Well folks, that will be all. If you have any questions feel free to come to me. They'll be refreshments by the door. Thank you and keep manifesting!"

Everyone applauded and started to get out of their seats.

"Mitchell, I think this really is the sign of something big!" Horussun said merrily.

"Anything that'll make you find true love." He said fondly.

He and his friend started to leave their seating area and go towards the refreshment table.

Horussun suddenly was surrounded by a group of ladies. All squealing and giddy. It was true, he was very handsome but he didn't like all the idolizing. Mitchell quickly turned around after realizing his pal wasn't with him. Seeing the folk of femmes was unexpecting indeed.

"Mitchell!" Horussun called out.

"Coming!" He called back.

A few of the femmes started to insult each other while others tried to talk over one another to get his attention. Such behavior that was competitive as it was silly.

Horussun moved away from the crowd of jealous hyenas and walked towards his friend. He still had a fawning bunch that was beginning to get in squabbles with anyone in their way. Both friends just shook their heads.

"Why do some people have to behave like that?" Horussun asked when he went to the refreshment table.

"I feel some people truly are out of touch with reality." Mitchell replied, sadly.

Horussun took a plate and started to fill it with some fruit, kabobs and baked goods. He was about to pass the drink dispenser when he felt something under his foot. He looked down and saw a ring. It was silver with intricate designs and had a teal oval shape stone. He looked around to see if anyone was looking for it but no one apparently had.

"Is everything okay Horus?" Mitchell asked while he was filling his plate.

"Yes. I'll go find a seat for us."

He saw what looked like a commissary and found a spot to sit down. He noticed from the corner of his eye a lovely looking girl eating only a few chairs away from him.Horussun couldn't seem to take his eyes off of her. Something about her stood out. She was fair skinned with African curls that were half dyed. She was slim but had what seems like two already eaten plates stacked together.
Horussun noticed that she had dropped something and it rolled under the table in his direction. He looked down and saw a tube of lip balm. Picking it up he walked over and handed it back to her.

"Here you are Miss." He said while smiling.

"Thank you sir." She said, smiling back.

Horussun got a better view of her from up close. She was wearing a wide strap black and blue dress of roses printed on it. Her eyes were of Ebony colour, almost the same as Mitchell's. She didn't seem to wear any make-up, which made her stand out even more. As she took back her lip balm, a spark passed through them when their fingers touched. "Horussun?" Mitchell said walking towards him.

Horussun refocused and saw his buddy was beside him.

"Mitchell, I was just giving this lady back her lip balm. It had rolled away from her and under where I sat."

Mitchell and her exchanged smiles.

"Well, have a good afternoon Miss." Mitchell said to her.

Immediately, Horussun put his hand on his friend's chest to stop him.

"What are you doing Horus?" He asked wonderingly.

Quickly he quieted Mitchell.

"I want to offer that girl to eat with us."

His friend got the memo.

"Would you like to eat with us, Miss?" Horussun asked, smiling confidently.

"I would love to." She replied.

A million fireworks went off inside Horussun. He held back the urge to shout yippee.

She brought her plate of food and all three of them sat together.

"Have you ever been to an event like this before?" Horussun asked her.

"First time." She told him.

He almost dropped the croissant he was about to bite.

"It's my first time here too." He said, while shocked.

She smiled and he gazed at her pink lips and teeth. Truly was a gorgeous girl.

"Do you think that what you want to manifest will come true?" She asked him.

"I already believe it has." He said while gazing into her eyes.

They started to conversate more.

"What do you do... Horus?" She asked, trying to get his name right.

"Horussun but it's actually Horus." He concluded.

It occurred to him that she apparently didn't know who he was.Nor was she throwing herself at him.

"I'm the CEO of a company that helps design automobiles."

"It sounds very interesting."

She looked towards Mitchell.

"What about you?" She asked him.

"I'm an architect." He replied.

"Charming." She said sweetly.

"He's really good at it too." Horussun reassured her.

Mitchell looked on and noticed how calm and respectful she was around his friend. It had been a longtime since he had seen such a sight.

"You know, I almost wouldn't take you for a CEO wearing that blue suit and John Vervatos Vneck t-shirt plus black jeans." She said as she gazed at his attire.

Horussun chuckled.

"I actually dress like this sometimes at business meetings."

She gently caresses the sleeve of his suit. He felt like he was going to burst into a flame.

"You suit in blue, not many hommes wear blue suits."

"Thank you Miss, what is your name by the way?"

"Hathora."

"Like Hathor?"

"Yes, almost." She said giggling.

This girl's laugh and beauty had him by the strings of his heart.

He took her hand, held it and kissed it.

"I would like to meet with you again. Would it be possible?" He asked while still holding her hand.

"I wouldn't want to trouble you and your work." Hathora protested.

"You aren't, I'm free the rest of the week."

Mitchell knew it was a lie and was almost to say it when he felt Horussun kick his leg. He bit back his urge to yelp.

"How about we meet tomorrow afternoon, at around four o'clock at the Chinese buffet in Chinatown?"

"Okay."

They got up from their seats simultaneously.

"Wonderful. See you then."

"Likewise."

Hathora waved bye to Mitchell and Horussun, who gave her hand another kiss just before she turned to leave.

As she walked away Horussun started to pump his fist like a rocket about to take off. Mitchell only laughed at his pal's comical jester.

"See Mitch, it's just like what Traton said! All I have to do is believe that I already have it and it falls into my lap!"