Part 9-Can't Continue and Discovery

Horussun went over to Hathora's while Mitchell stayed behind at his place. He gently knocked on her door and opened it slowly. Wearing a pink hoodie with blue jeans and sneakers.

"Hi handsome, what brings you here?" She asked, flatteringly

Horussun gave her a faint smile.

"I was wondering if perhaps you can come with me to the store?"

"I'd be delighted to go."

She turned around and got her clutch bag and a tote.

He stepped aside and she headed towards his car. Horussun signaled to Mitchell that he was leaving through the living room window. The two friends both exchanged waves and he started up the car. Once they were on the road, Hathora took something out of her clutch bag and stuck it in the glove compartment.

"What's that?" He asked her

"It's a gift." She said.

There was nothing else said afterwards. Something is wrong, Horussun thought worriedly. Once they reached the store's parking lot, he came out first to go open the passenger side for her. He opened the door then stopped midway. Someone in the distance caught his attention.

"Horussun? Is that you?"

Turning around, he saw that it was his sister. The long hair girl who was a local news respondent and part time editor for a magazine. From the brighter hair colour, no one would suspect they were siblings. She walked up to him and they hugged.

"Roberta? What are you doing here?" He asked her

"I'm doing an investigative report on seminar scams. Something about the hosts of such events not being legitimate nor trained professionals."

You couldn't have found a better assignment at a perfect time, he thought with irony.Roberta noticed that there was someone else in Horussun's car. Hathora smiled at the lady, who had a bigger one on her face. Horussun never kept his love life secret from his family. When they saw him with someone who was up his alley, that was the most important thing.

"Nice to meet you Roberta." Hathora said to her.

"Likewise. You're very beautiful." His sister compliment.

"We were just going into the store together, would you like to come?" Horussun offered

"I already went in. Anyways, nice meeting you and good to see you, brother."

Horussun quickly took hold of his sister's hand.

"I might E-mail you soon. Is it still the same one you use for work?" He asked her.

"Yes it is, why?"

Given what he was starting to grow suspicious of, he didn't want to scare nor worry his sister.

"I'll explain later."

With that the two siblings smiled and she went off.

Once Horussun and Hathora were alone, they walked into the store together. They passed by the produce section and he took some onions. Then went to take some bags of apples. Afterwards they went to the non perishable items.

Hathora hadn't picked out anything to purchase.

"Aren't you going to buy anything?" He asked.

She didn't answer him.