Part 11-Coming Clean

Horussun had a press conference outside of his business of operations. Reporters and journalists clamoring for questions to be answered. He politely quieted them down. Wearing a dark suit with matching tie and a white dress shirt underneath. He looked ready to address the press about something.

Hathora was dragged into a room with camera monitors. Traton sat her in a chair and tied her wrists and ankles. She fought to wiggle from his hold but was only met with tighter grip. After he finished restraining her, a signal came from a Bluetooth headset by the control panel.

"Yes?" Traton asked.

"There's something you should see. It's regarding the case assigned to you." The person on the other end said.

Traton connected the camera monitors to live television and saw the press conference organized by Horussun.

Horussun stood on a podium with different microphones and began to speak.

"I will be doing a television interview shortly. To address many rumors circulating about my divorce. Also regarding my company. I encourage you all to watch it in order to answer any questions you may have. Thank you."

Horussun descended from the podium. Reporters and journalists are still trying to have questions answered despite his advisory.

See this was making Traton giddy. He could easily apprehend Horussun without much of a fight. All that needed to be done was located where the interview was taking place.

Hathora sat in the chair and shook her head.

"Whatever he's going to say may not be what you want." She remarked.

"No one asked for your opinion." Traton scolded back.

Hathora knew that something regarding the interview would be to Traton and her advantage. Whatever it was, she didn't have a clue.

Traton left the room and locked it. Leaving Hathora alone and tied up. She was able to still see the live television feed from a few cameras. Hathora tried to move her legs and wrists but Traton made both extra tight. Only you can save me, she thought when one camera monitor froze on Horussun's face.

Horussun sat in a room and was smiling with the reporter who had decided to conduct the interview. A very well known news reporter who many considered a celebrity of sorts. Horussun awaited for the signal that the cameras started to roll. Once the cue was given the interviewer and interviewee exchanged smiles and greetings.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Mashburn."

"Likewise."

The reporter started to check from his notebook all the questions that would be asked.

"You said that this is going to be a very honest and sincere interview you've done?"

Horussun nodded.

"I feel that it's time to open up and clarify some things."

The reporter also nodded.

"Well, let's begin..."

Hathora knew that something good and helpful would come from this. She suspected that from the start. One thing Hathora learned about him, he was full of surprises.

"I'm going to begin with my divorce." Horussun began.

The reporter turned to a new page of their notebook and started to write.

"My marriage..."

There was a sudden pause but he resumed.

"My marriage was not as I'd hoped. I thought I had found the love of my life."

"I remember you mentioned that prior to your engagement." The reporter added.

Horussun shook his head.

"I was sadly mistaken."

He took a sip of water from a coffee table then resumed.

"I also was getting carried away by the idea of being married! The narcissist I used to be!" He declared.

The reporter looked at him oddly.

"Do you think you were a narcissist?"

Horussun nodded his head quickly.

"Yes, but a converted one. As in I tried not to show it. My buddy Mitchell Thomas can vouch for me on that!"

From the corner and behind the camera crew stood the close friend.

"I had to put him in his place at times." Mitchell addressed.

Horussun and Mitchell laughed when the interview resumed.

"As I was saying, my marriage wasn't what I'd hoped. Plus I took the whole idea of being a husband for granted. I really was in love with the very idea of being married. That's pretty selfish, wouldn't you say?"

Hathora realized that this was a tell-all interview he was doing. Which couldn't have come at a better time.

"I actually wanted to end the marriage earlier then. But I realized how much my ex hated it."

Horussun was silent for a moment. Mitchell came over and patted his friend's shoulder. Showing him his support and encouragement.

"My ex is very disturbed and has been that way for a long time. I had tried to help her out but she sadly is in denial of her own mental health issues."

The reporter went back to the page which had their questions.

"There was a police report on her claiming she harassed a small family."

Horussun balled his fist.

"Yes and it all was because she thought I was leaving her for them, which I didn't. I feel responsible for the pain they endured." He confessed.

Hathora knew that there was something about him that told her to give him a chance.

"I had also not been very good with managing the funds I had. My ex sadly was after my money." He said sadly.

"How so?" The reporter asked.

"She wanted complete control over it. Even had me lied about how the money was misappropriated."

Hathora smiled, this would be the only way to clear his name.

The door of the room she was being held in opened. She shook her head repeatedly.

"Can't you see what's going on here? This is a confession and frankly I think it's a good thing he's doing." Hathora said admirably.

There were no insults nor arguments thrown.

Traton was probably speechless by all this, she thought.

Suddenly she felt a pair of hands come behind her. Hathora was about to jerk or attempt to move the chair in defense. Instead, what she felt were the ropes tied to her wrists and ankles loosening up until they fell like dead serpents to the ground. Hathora got up from the chair and wiggled her hands and legs.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" She questioned.

When she turned around she gasped.