Chapter 8

Harry met with Bill who apologized on behalf of the Weasley family for the attempt on Hermione's life. He had seen Minerva's pensieve memory and knew Harry had acted purely on instinct, as did Winky who probably saved Hermione's life.

Harry then broached the subject of bringing Ginny into his family and his reasons behind it. He also pointed out neither him or Charlie was in a position to look after her while Percy's bachelor pad wasn't exactly suitable for rearing a teenage girl.

Bill's only concern was Ginny's happiness so Harry asked Hermione through their bond if both girls could make an appearance.

Winky brought them and Ginny immediately ran to her eldest brother whose hug included a 360-degree spin which had Ginny squealing with delight.

Bill eventually put Ginny down and asked her how she was doing

Ginny's answer of "surprisingly well, thanks to these two" settled most of his doubts. "I stayed in their apartments last night and I've been asked to be Hermione's bridesmaid on Saturday. Neville Longbottom invited me to the Yule Ball and we're going with Mrs. Granger to get dresses today."

Bill spoke quietly "Harry has asked about you becoming a Potter, I need to know what you want."

"Bill, you saw what she tried to do to Harry and me but these two still want little Ginny Weasley in their lives. How could I not want this? Egypt is you Bill, just like Charlie couldn't leave his dragons. Stay with Percy, please! Don't even mention the twins! My heart and head both say this is my best option Bill and I'm definitely losing my middle name."

Bill smiled at that then looked at Harry "I have to ask this, what's your reason for doing this?"

"Hermione and I are now two extremely powerful magic users and we're trying to change our world for the better. It would be so easy to loose touch with the things that really matter like Dumbledore did, Ginny will kick our arse before that happens and always tell the truth not what she thinks we want to hear. She's Hermione's bridesmaid on Saturday will be godmother to our children and part of our life as long as she wants to be. In short Bill we love your sister."

"Just because I'm changing my name doesn't stop me being your sister Bill, I gain some new relations but get to keep the ones I want as well, even Percy!"

"How can I say no to that! You'll have more opportunities as a Potter and the man who fought a sixty foot basilisk to save your life can surely be trusted to look after you."

"Thanks Bill, I'll start the paperwork today but with all parties in agreement it should be a formality" said Harry. He then called for Dobby to speak about a special errand he was on.

Dobby appeared carrying a velvet jeweler box "Griphook and I went through the vaults and came up with these" the box contained a selection of jeweled necklaces and rings.

Dobby went to collect Emma and Winky while Harry placed a diamond pendant necklace around Hermione and tried to give Ginny an emerald pendant but she protested it was too much so Harry asked Bill to scan it.

Bill gave a low whistle "the protective charms on these are the best I've ever seen, these are worth a fortune!"

"Yes, but what's being protected is beyond price" as he placed the necklace round a blushing Ginny's neck.