"Love is an open door"

Hunter POV
Uncle Belos signaled to the guards near the door, one of them put their hand on the lever on their side and the other followed their lead. They both pressed down on the lever hard and the door opened slowly. The noise started again, a girl wearing a red dress that looked like it must've cost more than some houses was standing in front of everyone else and immediately squealed when she saw me. After everyone outside seemed frozen in place for a second Belos bellowed "Come in." In the nicest voice he could muster which apparently wasn't all that nice. Immediately the girl in the red dress seemed to have been snapped out of a trance and immediately went running towards me. I took a swift dodge to the left, I'm kind of into someone and that was pretty rude. Somehow that didn't seem to affect her, even on heels she managed to stop the second I dodged her. She was persistent though, she turned towards me and this time attempted to jump at me, arms reached out for my shoulders and legs off the ground. I could feel Belos' eyes beaming into me, I knew if I was rude and attempted to dodge her this time causing her to fall he would be upset so I didn't move, I helped her back onto the ground carefully. While I was making sure she didn't fall and also attempting to distance us, she smelled my hair. I quickly got her off me, gave her a polite greeting and walked away. To think that was only the first of probably many.

Your POV
We stepped into the castle behind dozens of others, we were lucky though there were hundreds more behind us. Every other door was blocked off, they lead us to the ballroom. Everyone moved into the room like a current, then dispersed around the room. Those who came with someone moved to the floor to dance even though the Bard coven hadn't began to play yet, I spotted Luz and Mittens there and chose not to bother them. Some people ran to get a seat, or food. Some girls had already started throwing themselves at the Golden guard. I thought about going up to him but, even after everything he said I worried he was just being polite. I figured I would wait and I would go up to him later, seems he's got his hands full with the girls crowding him anyway. There were rumors that this whole ball was to find him a "princess" but it's mostly just the old ladies in town at the hair salons that have nothing better to talk about that said that. I watched a girl with a dark purple dress hang onto his arm and I couldn't hear her but it was obvious from miles away she was flirting, maybe I was just a little jealous. Emira put her arms on my shoulders and leaned over to look at me "(Y/N), none of them have a chance. I was there at that cafe, I saw both of you and guess what?" "What?" I said while a small smile was pulling at my lips, her saying it was a little reassuring. "I saw two people, who had such a huge crush on each other, but wouldn't admit it. Go get your boyfriend!" She said with a big smile. "I'm going to go hang with Edric, maybe find someone to dance with for a while, tell me all about it later." She said as she ran off. I stared at him for a little while longer, sometimes he would look up and it felt like he was looking at me but I knew he wasn't. I saw him first, I need to say something but my legs wouldn't move and my mouth couldn't form words.

Hunter POV
They had said they'd be here but even for the thousandth time of scanning the crowd I couldn't find them, there's thousands of people so they could be here and I couldn't find them but.. where are they? A girl with a dark purple dress and dark straight brown hair that went to halfway down her back, she had red lipstick that she kept attempting to kiss my cheek with but I would back up every time she lunged at my cheek.