Last dance of the night ☾

Hunter POV
I dipped her into my arms and kissed her on the lips, I could taste her chapstick against my lips. I pulled her back up and squeezed her hand. "Last dance." She sighed sadly. "Last dance." I agreed. "I don't want it to end." Her voice hitched a little as she said it. "Agreed." I replied rubbing her back comfortingly as I said it. "You'll call?" She said with wet eyes. "I'll call, all the time." I replied pulling her in for a kiss. A soft passionate kiss, wanting to tell her everything I couldn't say myself. Say that I love her, I wanted to see her as much as I can and she's the one for me. I wanted to be able to say that for real but the words couldn't reach my mouth, they burnt out in my throat.

Your POV
I didn't want it to end, I didn't want to leave or lose him. "Promise?" I asked as he pulled away from the kiss for air. "Promise." He replied hugging me close to him. I put my hands onto the back of his neck and pushed myself onto my toes pulling him into another kiss. The instruments faded to a stop as the song ended and another person on stage from the bard's coven tapped on the microphone, a man with dirty blonde hair reaching low on his neck, and light brown eyes wearing a brown sweater vest over a black long sleeve shirt with a brown belt and black slacks with black ankle height doc martens, "I know we're all sad that the nights over but it's time to start heading out guys. Sorry to say goodbye but it's time to go." Hunter took his arm over mine and lead me to the exit of the ball room where people were filtering out into the hallway of the castle.

Hunter POV
"What if we sit on the doorstep and chat a while before you leave?" I asked admiring her softened expression. "let's do it." She replied, a grin pulling at her lips as she said it, looks like she was as desperate for more time as I was. We stayed behind as we watched everyone else spill out of the ball room before we followed after them. As everyone else left we sat down on the concrete steps to the castle

Your POV
"Y/N?! Where are you?!" I heard Emira and Edric shouting frantically. "Em?! Ed?!" I shouted in response. Moments later they were standing in front of me, "Y/N, ready to go?" Ed asked. "I'll meet you guys at the house, I'm gonna stay a little longer." I replied with a little shrug. "Oh, yeah okay." Ed looked unsure about it. They both waved goodbye after yelling at me to stay safe and not be be home too late. "They seem like really good friends." Hunter said. "They are." I replied. "What about you? Any friends?" I joked with a laugh.

Hunter POV
"Not really." I shrugged. "Really? No one..?" She asked sadly. "I've never really had.. time for friends and there's not many people my age in the castle." I responded. "Not many? Does that mean there are some?" She questioned. "There's young prisoners, a few snobby recruits for the emperor's guild. Maybe some others I haven't met. No one special. People in the castle don't really do friends, work takes up most of our time."

Your POV
Suddenly I heard an eerily familiar buzzing that I recognized from earlier tonight. "shit, not again." I groaned. "hm?" Hunter looked confused. "what is it?" he asked. "Fire bees." I whispered. "fire bees.." he repeated. "yeah." I agreed. "shit." he added.

Hunter POV
I saw an orange light shining on some trees about fifty feet away down the path but moving closer until I saw a swarm of fire bees. This was not good. I drew my staff making a spell circle of water moving it towards the fire bees but they managed to dodge the spell. I quickly fired another one but again they moved out of the way. "They're too quick Y/N.." I sighed. "If only we had a way to distract them." I continued. "I'll distract them." She volunteered. "Y/N.." I groaned.