Emira's dance partner

Your POV
"I don't get it." I whined pulling my face further into the pillow. Emira rubbed my shoulder gently, "Maybe it's a personal thing, not something you did." She said comfortingly. "Like what?" I groaned. "Isn't this his first relationship?" She asked. "Yeah." I sighed trying to calm my breath. "Well, first relationships are stressful, plus there could be something else going on you don't even know about." She reassured me. "You're right Em, thank you so much. So tell me about this dance you had?" I smile pulling my head out of the pillow laying on my side, using my arm to hold up my head to look at her.

Hunter POV
The words stung at my skin "Hanging out with your little girlfriend." I wanted to defend her but thought about the vine from moments earlier, maybe not.. plus I was a little hurt, she had seen me weak. What if she thought badly of me now? I wasn't sure how to reply to his remark. "Are you ignoring me, hunter?" He said with venom in his words. "No sir." I groaned. "Do you think your little girl friend is more important than your job? Than protecting people from the dangers of wild magic?" He asked harshly. ".. No sir." I grumbled. "Would you hesitate like that on the job?" He asked and I spotted another vine zip by a few feet further from my face this time. "I wouldn't sir." I said looking at the floor. "I said, to look at me when I speak to you. Didn't I?" He said angrily. "Yes sir." I said trying to make eye contact.

Your POV
"Well mom really hates them." She laughed. "Your mom hates everyone, be a little more specific!" I smiled. "Mom hates her more than usual.. She's a bit of a.. trouble maker." She replied rubbing her hands on the back of her neck nervously. "Come on Em, tell me. The suspense is killing me." I whined. "It's Viney.. the girl who studies healing and beast keeping which is part of mom's great dislike for her.." She replied speaking quicker than she should've, she looked really nervous. "Aww Em, no need to be nervous. You know I'll always love and support you. Viney is really sweet, I'm sure you two are adorable together. Plus she sounds perfect for you, trouble maker and all." I reassured her.

Hunter POV
"It's late, you should be asleep by now. We can discuss this in the morning, here, six am." Belos stated in a way that showed there was no room for debate. "Understood sir." I replied before he dismissed me. I ran down the hall just wanting to be able to lay down in my bed suddenly I was about to bump into Mr Castro. "Mr Castro, can we talk? Do you mind?" I asked. "Of course." He said examining my troubled expression. We walked towards his room and I sat down at his desk while he stretched back onto his bed. "Hunter, do you want to tell me what's wrong?" He asked yawning. "Unc- Emperor Belos wants to see me tomorrow morning." I managed to choke out the words over my anxieties. "Why is that?" He inquired. "I was supposed to meet with him after the ball but I kind of flaked to hang out with Y/N." I said avoiding his eyes. "you really like her don't you?" He asked curiously. "Do I? So much, so much I was willing to mess with a man known for having no mercy just for some extra time with her." I rambled.

Your POV
She smiled at me. "I'm glad you were so nice about it. Mom was pretty pissed when she saw us dancing. Imagine if she had seen our kiss." She chuckled. "You kissed her?" I squealed. "You know it." She smirked. "Photo booth pictures?" I asked excitedly. "Got em'!" She said with a wide grin pulling the pictures out of her pocket and passing them to me. Emira and Viney had a cute chemistry, like both had been trying to see who could withstand more teasing. The first picture was normal, the second picture Emira had her hand on Viney's jaw to pull her in for a kiss and the last Viney was pulling Emira onto her and they were both falling in it. "That's the cutest! Wanna see mine?" I exclaimed. "Yeah!" She replied happily. "Hey Ed, you okay?" I asked. "Fine." He replied sliding his head down the side of the bed to the floor.

Hunter POV
"She saw me crying though, what if she doesn't see me the same way now?" I asked weakly. "I saw the way she looked at you and she looked absolutely smitten. When you carried her she watched you like she couldn't stop. She admires you so much." He talked me up until I felt better. "I've got to get some sleep before tomorrow, I'll see you Mr Castro." I said sprinting down the hall to my room when I jumped into bed. I opened my scroll pulling up Y/N's penstagram. Examining the pictures that popped up. The most recent a picture of her in her dress all ready for the ball with the Blight twins.

Your POV
"You didn't do any dancing?" I asked sympathetically. "I did.." Ed groaned. "Oh believe me, he did lots of dancing." Em teased. "Then what's wrong?" I cocked my head to the side a little. "I danced, not with any one special though. Just whatever girl asked." He said sadly.