Chapter 2- Humans

Inside the Imperial Palace hall, shining with gold and precious studded stones, at the very end in the center under the beautiful red canopy laid the throne of the King of Amarus, made of gold. Its arms had the figures of a lion, like watching its prey, back formed into a crown, huge and beautiful. It was placed on a higher platform and below it to the sides were the rows for sitting of the council. They had refreshments served to them from time to time. King Rielel, was sitting on the throne, his pale face showed not many emotions but that made it more fearful for the members present there, who weighed and think twice before speaking, no one wanted to be on his bad side. He wore heavy jewels and crown, depicting the richness he and his Kingdom owns and was in his early thirties, his black hair matched with his dark gaze that was hard to look at, he sits there proudly listening to his council members all praising him, until General arrives and they quiet down. The General kowtows to him.

"Your Majesty, the Almighty King of Amarus, please give your orders to this General"

Rielel hums and tells him to rise. "I heard that you are going back to the north, don't you like it here?"

The general remains kneeling, "I will be doomed Your Majesty, if I tell a lie, there is no comparison to the place ruled by His Majesty but a General belongs to the army, it is where he should be"

The King lets out a small smile, he turns to look at the council members sitting there "I have never doubted your sincerity and dedication to Amarus but there are certain things that this King can't refute when the council asks"

"I am always ready to clear any doubts the council members have, Your Majesty just needs to command," the General says, expecting this to happen.

The King looks at his advisor, his most trusted member in the Palace, nobody knows of his origin, he came as the King was crowned and is by his side since then, his name is Evarius, his appearance looks ordinary, younger than the King, short and secretive, he is said to be of average strength. Once there was a rumor that he is an extra love affair of the King but those who talked about it were all put to death in mysterious ways, so in fear, people stopped talking about him. The King always tells and confirms things by him and so he is respected by the council members too. He gets up and says on King's behalf.

"You remain away from most of the meetings and the Almighty King understands that north is far and you are placed there for our protection but it also has been come into notice that you even help northerners in need, and have been kind to few releasing them from prison, just to make sure you are still loyal to him and not joined hands with the northerners, the cabinet wants you to show it. The King trusts you and knows you will pass this small test too"

The King adds "Our minds are fragile and I want my General to be the symbol of the power I hold"

The advisor bows in respect and continues "His Highness, the Crown Prince informed us of how a man escaped from palace under your guard and you were not able to do anything"

The General kowtows again and asks for forgiveness, the Prince sitting there smiles in satisfaction "It was my fault, I underestimated him, he was unarmed but still managed to enter the palace, the guards looked for him and couldn't find him either, he might have stayed here during the gathering of locals in the morning, I ordered to increase the men on guard" the council members start whispering in exclamation, scared by the audacity of the man.

The King looks at the General angrily, making everyone present there shut their mouth and hold their breath "You know the severity of your crime and should be punished by the law, This King will himself give it to you" Rielel's eyes flashes with crimson and suddenly the General feels the sharp pain in his chest, he groans tightening his fist, trying to endure the pain, it feels like someone is squeezing his heart ruthlessly, the pain so excruciating it makes his eyes sting and face turn pale, still he tries his best to tolerate it wiping the blood from his lips. The council members all shook in fear, afraid to even blink their eyes, some though feel satisfied. There were a lot of people in council whom General made enemy, some because of his position, others because of his relations with the King, or for the power he has, there is no end to malicious thoughts when the power is concerned.