Chapter-27 Laphleus

Taehyung grins hearing those words again from Jeongguk, he was relieved Jeongguk is fine now. Since the time the General and he met, they paid each other more attention than anything else in their surroundings. Taehyung knows it was all because Jeongguk didn't trust him before and kept an eye on him same was with him, he too took his time to observe the General but in the process got used to being his center of attention, as they came to this situation he realized how much habituate he had unknowingly become to that dark gaze that once it was off from him for so long he felt something in his heart stir, his emotions fluctuated and his mood worsened and before he could control himself he found his lips attached to the soft and cool skin of the General's forehead, that musky scent floated his senses and Taehyung realized he doesn't mind this closeness, he has never felt anything like this before it was as if the mortal world was influencing him.

The Minister, Fianna, guests, and the others present in the hall watching the show quietly, finally show some movement. Fianna pushes the guards aside standing straight and glaring at Taehyung. He doesn't waste a minute and shows his vibrant face to each of them, walking closer to Jeongguk, he asks the Queen "Shall we go and meet the King or he doesn't even exist?" A challenging looks pass through his face, it gives his good-looking face an additional attraction making it difficult for Jeongguk to look any other way.

Jeongguk slowly registers the words said and frowns raising his eyes to have a good look at the Queen and racking his brain to fill the missing parts of information, he doesn't recall much after the Queen offered blood to the statue; everything became blurry like waking up from a night of sleep and forgetting what one dreamt of. "This traveler saw in your fears a dead man, your husband who is lying in his chamber and then he was gone, vanished, you seemed quite happy and relieved," Taehyung's face become solemn, "there is more to it than just that, right?"

Fianna was furious, first, this person broke the rule of not eating the meal served to him, then he tried to misguide people, he was powerful enough to break her spell and help his companion to come out of the illusion and was even able to look at her past in mere seconds, this mysterious person was a threat, she sweats thinking about it and a sense of fear envelopes her, her body tenses as she asks, "How do you know that? Who are you?" Her voice becomes louder. The ground and wall shake making the tableware and the decoration, tremble and fall with it. Jimin grits his teeth looking around him and then at the Angel.

"It is time." He says checking around them for any sign of threat.

"What time?" Jeongguk asks back not able to recall things clearly and having no clue of the situation.

"Do you care?" Taehyung asks him in a complaining tone, his attitude showed how offended he was by the General. Taehyung was always scolded by Jin for holding grudges, but this innate behavior was never changed, he was stingy at this particular point and was never ashamed of it. "You were having a good time." He hides the smile trying to slip from his lips and enjoys the colorful reaction General was showing, it was not like he was really angry but he wanted to tease Jeongguk as much as he can.

Jeongguk opens his mouth to answer and immediately closes not able to form words in the short moment, his ears turn red again Taehyung could detect it, narrowing his eyes he interrogates, "Who were you seeing in her?"

Jeongguk avoids his eyes and question and turns to Yoongi, the most normal one among them who answer straightforwardly, "What happened?" The place starts shaking more making it hard for them to stand on the ground, they hold the nearest object for support and watch as the plates and bowl crash on the floor, the curtains catch fire, and the attendants quickly try to put it off, but no expressions still show on their faces, they robotically do their activities as best as they could. The guests sitting around the table cry in fear but could do nothing but look at Taehyung's group in envy.