Chapter-9 Ciradyl

“General, do you recognize your childhood friend now?” 

The wind slows down making the voice of the guard reach out clear and loud in the ears of people present there, silence fills the place, the troopers stop their conversations and work looking at the travelers and their General awkwardly. Jeongguk shuts his eyes in irritation, trying to calm himself, he side glances at the guard “What childhood friend?” He asks.

The guard trembles with the gaze, so do others who quickly retrieve their work “They…” Taehyung takes a step forward, a gentle smile on his lips as he says “I informed us of being acquainted” Jeongguk’s gaze falls on those beautiful blue eyes with dark, long eyelashes, he raises his brow and dismisses the guard, the poor guard who acted so proud a moment ago, scurries away quickly.

“It is you three again,” Jeongguk says, hands folded at back, lazy look but still deathly. 

“This Prince feels it is destiny” He doesn’t complete the sentence that was in his mind and our bad luck.

“And your bad luck” To his surprise, Jeongguk says it out loud, Taehyung laughs awkwardly and tries to change the topic. 

“Why are you here?” He asks not knowing what else to say. 

Jeongguk’s lips’ raise a bit looking at the three tired men in front of him, they might have been traveling a long distance but what for and why here. He points at a high place on the wall, where a flag was fluttering above with the strong wind “Do you recognize that flag?” The trio turns like obedient cats staring at it awkwardly then look back at Jeongguk.

“Oh..it seems this Prince…I mean traveler didn’t notice the flag of Amarus here” Taehyung finally says. 

“Do you know what that means?” Jeongguk asks patiently, like teaching a child. Taehyung nods.

“It means you seized this place and collects taxes from here” Yoongi controls his laughter while Jimin smirks, His Highness really knows well. Jeongguk’s mouth curves looking like a smile, it soon turns down, his eyes showing the anger he is feeling and hand itching to put the three in a prison. The bright light and dry weather make him look more unapproachable. He is the General feared by many but this handsome traveler still dares to talk back and even smile.

“You know too well but I am afraid your fantasy can’t work here, so now…why are you here?” He asks instead. 

“We…we are travelers” Jimin answers, worried that Taehyung will tell the truth.

“Really, from where?” He asks again, eyes only on Taehyung, both staring at each other. One had doubts while the other was filled with admiration and something unknown.

“Oh you don’t know that place” Jimin answers, itching to feed this human to demon hounds but the bright and calm presence in front of him has the power to turn him into one if he even moved a finger on that General for no reason.